Game Day Thread - Stampeders at Lions, August 7, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Big test today.

When things are looking grim, sometimes that is when your team comes through.

Starting QB injured. Starting D Tackle injured. Two Right tackles injured. Left Guard injured.

1 win, 4 losses.

Time to give up? Nah. Time to pull together.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Maybe a wet one, but heard the rain maybe done by kickoff time :cr:

I think the Stamps haven't looked great lately. In fact, so far this season the West is looking kinda CFL East, IMO.

I think the Stamps are going to win in spite of another great effort by the defence/special teams. I'm sure the offence is going to put in 100% too but without adjustments I can't see them having a great game.

:pray: This is me hoping I have to eat crow after a recordbreaking game by the offence. Stamps by 10
Hazmat
Rookie

run the ball
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

If the stamps must win by ten, then I'd rather have them win by forty. Lets just get to the end game here as fast as possible.

What's up with Jarious? When was the last time he played a game and he's hurt? Does anyone really know what's up wit him?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

GET IT DONE! cmon boys :good:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
zark
Champion

Name No Yards Lg TD
SIMON, G 4 40 15 0 vs EE
SIMON, G 2 20 12 0 vs Toronto
With Lulay at QB.

Does he know Geroy?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:Name No Yards Lg TD
SIMON, G 4 40 15 0 vs EE
With Lulay at QB.

Does he know Geroy?
It is kind of weird how that juxtaposition stood out to me.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Maybe a wet one, but heard the rain maybe done by kickoff time :cr:

I think the Stamps haven't looked great lately. In fact, so far this season the West is looking kinda CFL East, IMO.

I think the Stamps are going to win in spite of another great effort by the defence/special teams. I'm sure the offence is going to put in 100% too but without adjustments I can't see them having a great game.

:pray: This is me hoping I have to eat crow after a recordbreaking game by the offence. Stamps by 10
I thought I read here that his shoulder rehab was taking longer that was originally anticipated, but cannot say if that is entirely accurate.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
bbking
Starter

WestCoastJoe wrote:Big test today.

When things are looking grim, sometimes that is when your team comes through.

Starting QB injured. Starting D Tackle injured. Two Right tackles injured. Left Guard injured.

1 win, 4 losses.

Time to give up? Nah. Time to pull together.

I hope your right WCJ. This is the kind of thinking we need. A 1 and 4 team should feel like a wounded animal backed into a corner. Mean ,nasty and ready to bite some ones head off.

I am not going to this game (nothing to do with the rain). Has anyone heard if the blackout is lifted?
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
cromartie
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:Name No Yards Lg TD
SIMON, G 4 40 15 0 vs EE
With Lulay at QB.

Does he know Geroy?
Yes he does. However, double coverage knows Geroy very well and Lulay is not the type of guy who's going to throw into it just yet. Geroy's also not the one running 9 routes lately either.
zark
Champion

Obviously Lulay doesn't know Geroy, or else he would know that Geroy comes up with the ball on double coverage. I've even seen Geroy come up with the ball with 3 guys buzzing around him.
Lulay's been around this team long enough to know this. If you can't learn from watching then line up behind Zac Champion.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Watching the Bombers and TiCats game, just heard a good line from Duane Forde following catches by Matt Carter and Adam Nicolson:
"Those BC Lions first round draft picks are really starting to work out".
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Watching the Bombers and TiCats game, just heard a good line from Duane Forde following catches by Matt Carter and Adam Nicolson:
My favorite was when Rod Black called Matt Carter's story "inspiring" and "heartwarming".

No, inspiring is knowing that no matter how poor I am at my job, there's always someone worse, and his name is Rod Black. But I did have fun with my friends explaining who he was and why, while he was covering the biathlon for NBC, they should hope that someone shoots him on accident.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Off to another great start I see...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Watching the Bombers and TiCats game, just heard a good line from Duane Forde following catches by Matt Carter and Adam Nicolson:
Makes me sick everytime someone uses the Lions as as feeder team from NFL to CFL
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis