Dorazio?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lucky leo
Rookie

Is Dorazio doing to much, he is the offensive line coach and offensive co-ordinator. Is all this responsibility to much on him. I think the o-line is suffering because of it because the line is not playing aggressive as previous years. Offense goes as goes the o-line. Also I would like to add that Joe Smith should have been dealt with over the bye week. The lions need some new blood in certain positions. Skillern is not the deap threat, there must be better NFL cuts out there?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

lucky leo wrote:Is Dorazio doing to much, he is the offensive line coach and offensive co-ordinator. Is all this responsibility to much on him. I think the o-line is suffering because of it because the line is not playing aggressive as previous years. Offense goes as goes the o-line. Also I would like to add that Joe Smith should have been dealt with over the bye week. The lions need some new blood in certain positions. Skillern is not the deap threat, there must be better NFL cuts out there?
If you read the story on the stolen lap top from Chapdelaine and check out Geroy Simon's comments in the Province today you will see that Dorazio is just the line coach and OC in title alone. Maybe he referees disputes but I can't see how they'd have any as the offense wanted Jacque back and they got him back to call the plays and he is. Geroy said "We have the best co-ordinator in this league. We're the ones on offence holding this team back." He isn't very likely referring to Dorazio and we know that these are the same players who couped Kruck and got his title taken away. Geroy didn't like last years play calling despite its success and the funny thing is that some of the last year stuff came back the other night.

He can't move Smith for fear of injury to Logan and then where'd he be. Secondly as the Province notes today, Sask paid nothing but draft picks for Michael Bishop and that is all the Lions would get and there 'd be lynching mobs if Joe came back to hurt the Lions or improve someone else.
ziggy
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
lucky leo wrote:Is Dorazio doing to much, he is the offensive line coach and offensive co-ordinator. Is all this responsibility to much on him. I think the o-line is suffering because of it because the line is not playing aggressive as previous years. Offense goes as goes the o-line. Also I would like to add that Joe Smith should have been dealt with over the bye week. The lions need some new blood in certain positions. Skillern is not the deap threat, there must be better NFL cuts out there?
If you read the story on the stolen lap top from Chapdelaine and check out Geroy Simon's comments in the Province today you will see that Dorazio is just the line coach and OC in title alone. Maybe he referees disputes but I can't see how they'd have any as the offense wanted Jacque back and they got him back to call the plays and he is. Geroy said "We have the best co-ordinator in this league. We're the ones on offence holding this team back." He isn't very likely referring to Dorazio and we know that these are the same players who couped Kruck and got his title taken away. Geroy didn't like last years play calling despite its success and the funny thing is that some of the last year stuff came back the other night.

He can't move Smith for fear of injury to Logan and then where'd he be. Secondly as the Province notes today, Sask paid nothing but draft picks for Michael Bishop and that is all the Lions would get and there 'd be lynching mobs if Joe came back to hurt the Lions or improve someone else.
How do you know he is not referring to Dorazio? I haven't seen the article but we all seem to be speculating that Dorazio has lost his position and maybe we are giving Chap too much credit or discredit? Perhaps we are looking for contraversy that doesn't exist?
pennw
Legend

I did not see the Province article either , but I'd say that Geroy saying " We got the best OC" in and of itself doesn't prove anything either .
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I just read LU's Fifth quarter blog and he thinks Simon is referring to JC as OC. Just LU's opinion, I guess. I read the piece in the Province and I wondering aloud "Who does Simon think is the Coordinator"
Blitz
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:I just read LU's Fifth quarter blog and he thinks Simon is referring to JC as OC. Just LU's opinion, I guess. I read the piece in the Province and I wondering aloud "Who does Simon think is the Coordinator"
Of course Simon is talking about Chapdelaine. Dorazio is the offensive coordinator in title only. A week or so ago Simon said Chapdelaine was the Leos coach who players could most easily talk to. It was Simon who asked for Chapdelaine back and it was Simon who was the player least happy last season with Kruck calling the plays. If Chapdelaine was the best offensive coordinator in the league he'd still be in Edmonton, winning games and getting ready to be the Evil Empire''s next Head Coach.

Most Lionbackers commented that Chapdelaine got thrown under the bus last season for Macioccia. Well, Edmonton got it right. With Rick Worman coaching their offence...Edmonton is ahead of us, with less offensive talent!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Big Time
Champion

If Geroy thinks that JC is the best OC in the league, well, he better stop drinking the Chap kool aid. JC's boring, uncreative and inflexible playbook has stunted the offense in ways I had thought previously unimaginable.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

If GS truly felt that Dorazio/Kruck were the best OC's in the league, why would he have led the charge to bring Chapdelaine back?.......there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was talking about Chapdelaine.........just like there's absolutely no doubt as to who the true OC is, based on GS's comments.

(Note: You guys are just too quick on the keyboard and beat me to it) :bang:
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Big Time wrote:If Geroy thinks that JC is the best OC in the league, well, he better stop drinking the Chap kool aid. JC's boring, uncreative and inflexible playbook has stunted the offense in ways I had thought previously unimaginable.
Thankfully we have a RB that can improvise to null the play selection called in Logan. Can you imagine where the offense would be with him being allowed to use creative plays?
Entertainment value = an all time low
pennw
Legend

Blitz wrote:
notahomer wrote:Edmonton is ahead of us, with less offensive talent!!
Considering they got Ricky Ray , I wouldn't say they got less talent then us . IMO , there's no comparison between JJ and Ray . We need to see Buck have sustained starting time to see for real how he compares , but as of now Ray is far superior to our guys. I think I'd trade both of them for Ray myself . We can always find another #2 after that .
Lately their receivers have looked pretty good too , as did their o-line against us , so I wouldn't say they got less talent then we do.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The reason why Geroy think Chapelaine is the best offensive coordinator is because the latter's propensity to abandon the run and focus on the pass. I don't share Geroy's opinion.
ziggy
Legend

All this speculation on who is secretly in charge. Reminds me of the speculation on whether there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll , every one has an opinion, no one has proof. Does there always have to be a hidden conspiracy?. I never cared for Chap either but maybe, just maybe ,we are looking for an excuse and letting our dislike cloud our judgement. Is Dorazio really that weak?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Dorazio is not weak and that is not what people are saying. He is probably (according to players) one of the best line coaches ever in the CFL and he certainly knows his offense.

He himself said this year that the title meant nothing to him. He is no doubt "co-ordinating" but he has not been play calling nor could he as things are done. Kruck is sending in the signals and JC is in the booth. Kruck called them last year. For those who are talking conspiracy on our part - no... we have just read the paper. JC himself said twice in the paper that he 'd prefer to call plays from the sidelines. How is that a conspiracy by some posters here? LOL maybe it is a conspiracy to say that we are conspiring on this theory...lol.

If DD was the best coordinator in the league, as shi zhi mi points out.... well you know the rest.

The coaching structure on offence is not the best and last year we thought it odd with dual OCs but that worked as those two seem to get along really well. I am not so sure but have no evidence other than they don't like a unified triumvirate when I have gone to practices earlier this year. I assume from the Lion's statements on the stolen laptop that drawing up the game plan is JC. I don't buy he is the clerical co-ordinator or whatever they said as the facts are the Lions said there were no other copies of this on other laptops. That is odd to me.
ziggy
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:Dorazio is not weak and that is not what people are saying. He is probably (according to players) one of the best line coaches ever in the CFL and he certainly knows his offense.

He himself said this year that the title meant nothing to him. He is no doubt "co-ordinating" but he has not been play calling nor could he as things are done. Kruck is sending in the signals and JC is in the booth. Kruck called them last year. For those who are talking conspiracy on our part - no... we have just read the paper. JC himself said twice in the paper that he 'd prefer to call plays from the sidelines. How is that a conspiracy by some posters here? LOL maybe it is a conspiracy to say that we are conspiring on this theory...lol.

If DD was the best coordinator in the league, as shi zhi mi points out.... well you know the rest.

The coaching structure on offence is not the best and last year we thought it odd with dual OCs but that worked as those two seem to get along really well. I am not so sure but have no evidence other than they don't like a unified triumvirate when I have gone to practices earlier this year. I assume from the Lion's statements on the stolen laptop that drawing up the game plan is JC. I don't buy he is the clerical co-ordinator or whatever they said as the facts are the Lions said there were no other copies of this on other laptops. That is odd to me.
Sorry Toppy but IMO an OC that is not in control of his receivers coach is a weak OC. You aren't co ordinating if a subordinate coach is dictating the Offence.
pennw
Legend

ziggy wrote:
Sorry Toppy but IMO an OC that is not in control of his receivers coach is a weak OC. You aren't co ordinating if a subordinate coach is dictating the Offence.
I agree and the assumptions made seem highly disrespectful of Dorazio too . When in todays Province it said that no consideration is given to suggestions made on chatrooms , I get the feeling they are refering to Lionbackers and by that statement a bit of their opinion of what is said here is revealed . Sort of a " well why aren't you coaching then? " statement .