Kick Off or Receive tommorow?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Kick Off or Receive tommorow? I say Kick Off to get our D on the field and get the Stadium Rocking

Get the crowd right into the game early and put the pressure on Joseph
Vern Halen
Champion

120dB wrote:Kick Off or Receive tommorow? I say Kick Off to get our D on the field and get the Stadium Rocking

We'll defer and take the wind in the 4th :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though - sure, we'll take the ball first - Get the crowd right out of the game early and put the pressure right back on JJ to answer back.

"Score early and score often".
Dan Russell
Legend

We'll defer and take the wind in the 4th
Interesting strategy Vern. Maybe Austin will read this thread.
Reider
Starter

One would imagine that the Riders would want the ball first to try and take the crowd out of it... It's not like weather is going to be a factor.. lol
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

In a dome, always take the ball. That's one more possession for your team, and one less for the opposition. I'd want a chance to go up 7-0 before the opposing offence takes the field.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

If we win the toss, I would personally kick. The crowd is going to be in a frenzy by kickoff anyways, it would be really hard to settle down straight away with our O on the field. An early two-and-out for our Defence would start us off on the right foot.
Dan Russell
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:If we win the toss, I would personally kick. The crowd is going to be in a frenzy by kickoff anyways, it would be really hard to settle down straight away with our O on the field. An early two-and-out for our Defence would start us off on the right foot.
Although I agree with you, I would put the offence out first to rattle the Riders with a TD.
120dB
Legend

is the DJ gonna be in the house (DJ Flick)?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Kick Off or Receive tommorow? I say Kick Off to get our D on the field and get the Stadium Rocking

What is this - 120dB starting a FOOTBALL post???

Remind me not to get this brand of cough syrup anymore...
Vern Halen wrote:We'll defer and take the wind in the 4th
As long as it's not to "stale?" :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Vern Halen
Champion

120dB wrote:is the DJ gonna be in the house (DJ Flick)?
From Rider Rumblings (Leader Post)

Flick insisted he would be able to play in Sunday’s West final against the B.C. Lions, but admitted he was not 100 per cent healthy after being injured while running a pattern during Friday’s workout in Regina.
“I’m injured at the moment,’’ said Flick, when asked for specifics about the injury. “I’ve been waiting for this game my whole career. It’s going to be tough to keep me out. I’ll come in early, test it out and make sure I’m ready to go.
“I was running a route, planted coming back to the football and I felt it go. This is something new. It’s not something I would shoot up (freeze). If I’m good to go, I’ll go. If not, I hope to go anyways.’’
Tailback Wes Cates, however, has an injury that could be frozen by a pregame shot. Cates has missed four games with a foot injury, which was recently diagnosed as a hairline fracture.
“I haven’t had a chance to do too much because we’re resting it to make sure I’m as healthy as possible,’’ said Cates, who, along with Flick, watched Saturday's pregame walk-through. “There’s a stress fracture. If I have to (have it frozen), I will.
"From what I’ve learned from the experts, there’s no real chance of me injuring it further in any way. Basically it’s just dealing with the pain and going out to help my teammates.’’
Decisions on Flick and Cates might not be made until the pregame warmups. Flick was Saskatchewan’s leading receiver (70 catches for 1,020 yards and 10 touchdowns) and Cates the leading rusher (152 carries for 866 yards and five touchdowns). Their presence would help the Roughriders, who are seven-point underdogs against the reigning Grey Cup champions.
Both players are on Saskatchewan’s 46-man roster, which must be trimmed to 42 active players one hour before kickoff (3:30 p.m., CBC-TV, CKRM 980). Michael Palmer would likely get most of Flick’s reps at slotback, although the Roughriders could use Yo Murphy, Kahlil Hill or Vince Marshll in that spot. Cates’ duties have been shared by tailbacks Corey Holmes and Josh Ranek, both of whom are still on the roster. Fullback Chris Szarka is also expected to be activated after missing three games with sliced fingers.
Don Miller
Legend

:yes: I say we take the ball. You don't want to give the Riders a chance to take the ball and have a good opening march. If we could get a decent kickoff return and get decent field position and have a good first drive and score a td we say not in our house today then our fans are a huge part. We need to play sixty minutes for sure. Korey Banks needs to step up big tomorrow and play much better than he did against Calgary. Our d line and linebackers will have to be a big factor with the occasional blitz from our db's. We need to hit Joseph early and often.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
120dB
Legend

you're all invited to join me over in Events
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Don Miller wrote:...Korey Banks needs to step up big tomorrow and play much better than he did against Calgary. Our d line and linebackers will have to be a big factor with the occasional blitz from our db's. We need to hit Joseph early and often.
I think he will. First of all it would be hard not to, he had a tough game last time out. He just seems to have a chip on his shoulder, a swagger etc... I think he wants to prove us wrong for doubting him. Well Banks I DOUBT you've got it, please prove me WRONG!
Dan Russell
Legend

Banks is the most talkative on the field so he will be at full force tomorrow.
agent2
All Star

Receive for sure... and then the question is... Does JJ throw or start with Joe?

and riderfans are dreaming when they think an early td will "take the crowd out of it" :roll: