Danny Maciocia an OC in BC?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bbking
Starter

Back when I posted the " EX CFL Offensive Coordinator Available " thread I did it as a tease. But also to encourage the discussions that followed such as this thread.

What is interesting regarding this topic is that OH Danny Boy is being thought of by some as a possible replacement.

It pretty much sums up many fans feelings regarding the current Lions OC .

I do not relish the thought of being part of having someone lose their job.

Having said that , if any of us were not doing our respective jobs at an acceptable level for several years, then wouldn't our employers want to move us on.

Being fans that pay we get to say what we think, even if it is to bring in Danny Maciocia in as an OC.

I got to agree with WCJ on this one Tigerrr22.

(But on the subject of replacing coaches how about this for a new thread ....." EX CFL Head Coach Available"..........DON MATTHEWS :shock: :tease: )
Last edited by bbking on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
Lionsfan1976
All Star

The Lions offence is horrible right now. We can't block, can't run, can't throw. We have no swagger, no confidence, and as such no results. I have never been a fan of Jacques. So, whether it's mid season, or this off-season, I put forward a name of a Grey Cup champion, experienced in the CFL game, who has plenty of swagger and confidence, to take over as OC of the Lions:

Why not Matt Dunigan?
bbking
Starter

Lionsfan1976 wrote:The Lions offence is horrible right now. We can't block, can't run, can't throw. We have no swagger, no confidence, and as such no results. I have never been a fan of Jacques. So, whether it's mid season, or this off-season, I put forward a name of a Grey Cup champion, experienced in the CFL game, who has plenty of swagger and confidence, to take over as OC of the Lions:

Why not Matt Dunigan?

Why not Matt Dunigan for OC..........And HC?

........as in Head Chef at David Braley's yearly Barbecue........he sure knows how to braise a brisket. :wink:
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

bbking wrote:
........as in Head Chef at David Braley's yearly Barbecue........he sure knows how to braise a brisket. :wink:
His bacon wrapped corn on the cob has become a family BBQ must-do. It's frikkin awesome.
Big Time
Champion

Have you not seen the offense in Edmonton over the last few years? Ricky Ray can't complete any plays beyond a 5 yard crossing pattern. Edmonton actually has a worse offense than BC.

Danny Machoochoo in BC? I'd rather have NO OC than have that happen.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

tigerrr22 wrote:Very interesting thread guys. I agree that DM will probably end up in Ottawa. (Should call them the Rough Riders too. Retro "R" logo and classic uniforms too.)
I believe I read that the Rough Rider name option has been all but officially and definitively ruled out. I love the name Ottawa Rifles (crossed ceremonial rifle logo...the National Cenotaph...21 gun salutes etc.) and think it would be brilliant (there is a soccer team in the UK called the Eton Rifles - so named for the song by The Jam and so far it hasn't been linked to gunplay, including no link to the Lake District shooter) many a namby-pamby PC type has been heard to object. In which case I like Ottawa Centurions.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to regular programming.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
tigerrr22 wrote:Very interesting thread guys. I agree that DM will probably end up in Ottawa. (Should call them the Rough Riders too. Retro "R" logo and classic uniforms too.)
I believe I read that the Rough Rider name option has been all but officially and definitively ruled out. I love the name Ottawa Rifles (crossed ceremonial rifle logo...the National Cenotaph...21 gun salutes etc.) and think it would be brilliant (there is a soccer team in the UK called the Eton Rifles - so named for the song by The Jam and so far it hasn't been linked to gunplay, including no link to the Lake District shooter) many a namby-pamby PC type has been heard to object. In which case I like Ottawa Centurions.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to regular programming.
Does Horn Chen still own the Riders name and logo? I notice on the CFL's site under the historical regular season standings from 1996 and before, all teams have their logos shown except for Ottawa (which just has a detail of the current league logo).
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

bbking wrote:
Lionsfan1976 wrote:The Lions offence is horrible right now. We can't block, can't run, can't throw. We have no swagger, no confidence, and as such no results. I have never been a fan of Jacques. So, whether it's mid season, or this off-season, I put forward a name of a Grey Cup champion, experienced in the CFL game, who has plenty of swagger and confidence, to take over as OC of the Lions:

Why not Matt Dunigan?

Why not Matt Dunigan for OC..........And HC?

Problem there is that Dunigan disrespected Wally at a presser once upon a time, I think that Wally remembers that very well and a reason that you won't see MD as a HC in BC while it is under Wally's watch.
Entertainment value = an all time low
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Dunigan ain't going anywhere. He has a cushy job with TSN where he is making a good buck, and he also has his Road Grill show.

I have no doubt he would love to come back, but it would have to be the right job at the right price. And we currently have neither to offer.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The OP has never come to terms with the reality that Danny M is still being paid by the Eskimos who must honour his contract. This fantasy thread is just that.

If a well paid GM goes to a CFL OC role it is not going to be happening too quickly and not now and not in BC. If you take a new job the old organization might contribute to some pay there but that is all negotiable. DM if smart will collect his money for not working and look for a spot for next year but it is not happening tomorrow.

The idea that a new OC is going to make chicken salad out of the chicken droppings here is bizarre.

The best hope is that Jarius will regain his form quickly and get a win or two and get this team on a roll.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Isn't Mike Leach out of work these days?

That guy would be a fantastic CFL OC.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:Isn't Mike Leach out of work these days?

That guy would be a fantastic CFL OC.
Oh man, we are really starting to grasp at straws.

Mike Leach? Seriously? No chance in Hell that he takes a HUGE paycut (he made $1.85M in 2009, JC makes maybe half that) to come to a foreign country, new game, new rules, right in the middle of a regular season.

FTR, I'm not quite sure what the masses were expecting from the Lions offence coming out the gate: five new starters on the OL, overhauled offensive backfield, a CP injury out the gate thrown in for good measure.

And cue the "Hey now Matt"/"the posters are entitled to vent"/"WB apologist" comments in 3...2...1...go. :tease:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote: Mike Leach? Seriously? No chance in Hell that he takes a HUGE paycut (he made $1.85M in 2009, JC makes maybe half that) to come to a foreign country, new game, new rules, right in the middle of a regular season.
Must be a misprint, or miscalculation. JC making half of $1.85M? More like 1/20th, $90 K, as an assistant in the CFL. And probably not even that.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

WestCoastJoe wrote:Must be a misprint, or miscalculation. JC making half of $1.85M? More like 1/20th, $90 K, as an assistant in the CFL. And probably not even that.
Yeah, I totally messed up there. My bad. :bang: