Lion's Banks calls Stamp's Lewis an idiot for Twitter remark

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hazmat
Rookie

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=329578

SURREY, B.C. -- B.C. Lions defensive back Korey Banks doesn't need Twitter to get his message across.

The sharp-tongued Banks didn't hesitate to give his opinion of Nik Lewis and some of the messages the Calgary Stampeders receiver recently sent on his Twitter account.

"First of all, Nik Lewis is an idiot," Banks snapped after the Lions practised Wednesday for their game this weekend against Calgary. "I ain't scared to say it.

"Football is played between the lines. It's not played with your fingers and a computer."

Banks wasn't happy with a tweet Lewis sent during the Lions loss last week to the Edmonton Eskimos.

"Does anyone in B.C.'s defensive backfield hit anybody above the knees," Lewis wrote.

Banks had an easy solution to Lewis's concerns.

"If you don't want to get hit low, be a quarterback," Banks said.

"What it means is, he's 230 pounds and he wants you to hit him head up I guess. Where do you do that? No where.

"There is no limitation where you can hit people at when they get the ball. It's a waste of breath for him to say that."

Lewis, who is listed at 205 pounds, has 31 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns as the Stampeders have leaped out to a 4-1 record this season.

That doesn't impress Banks.

"When guys have a little success they tend to feel themselves," said the 190-pound, seven-year veteran who has 17 tackles and two forced fumbles for the 1-4 Lions.

"Did he have anything to say last year when he didn't have any catches around this time, no touchdowns? No."

Asked about facing Lewis on Saturday, Banks shrugged.

"I'm not scared of him," he said.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lewis should watch what he says about hitting below the knees, he ended a season for an Eskimo player IIRC doing just that on a crack block.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Lewis should watch what he says about hitting below the knees, he ended a season for an Eskimo player IIRC doing just that on a crack block.
Yep.....Kelly Whitshire
Lloyd
leo4life
All Star

Cant stand Lewis! He's a tool and im glad Korey responded cause he took a shot @ our whole secondary....we just gotta win and keep him outta the end zone and he wont be tweeting for at least another week! lol :rockin:
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Rammer wrote:Lewis should watch what he says about hitting below the knees, he ended a season for an Eskimo player IIRC doing just that on a crack block.
You are so correct.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Rodu
Champion

comments like this are just asking for some low tackles, he's going to have a target on his back, or should I say legs
Lion King
Rookie

Really, comments like this do neither team any good. However, with that being said, I think banks response is appropriate in this instance. Especially, the comment about his silence about last years production.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Love Banks ... one of the few bright spots this season and still brings the swagger from the dominant 2006-07 teams with play to back it up. :thup:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Love Banks ... one of the few bright spots this season and still brings the swagger from the dominant 2006-07 teams with play to back it up. :thup:
Boy you SAID it! I miss the Kidd/Floyd/Simpson kind of fire they used to have!
Real women wear orange!!