TEAM 1040 poll: what are you watching tomorrow

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

TEAM 1040's poll today is "what game are you planning to watch tomorrow, Canucks or Lions". Right now it's 72% Canucks, 28% Lions. No idea how many people have voted. Maybe a few Lionbackers would like to surf over to www.team1040.ca and give the Leo numbers a bit of a boost...
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:TEAM 1040's poll today is "what game are you planning to watch tomorrow, Canucks or Lions". Right now it's 72% Canucks, 28% Lions. No idea how many people have voted. Maybe a few Lionbackers would like to surf over to http://www.team1040.ca and give the Leo numbers a bit of a boost...
Phhht. Just more justification to air hockey related stuff 23.5 hours a day.
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:C'mon everyone, let's vote for the LIONS :wave: ...were up to 32%!
All good until someone crys out on a Canuck forum.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

So let me get this straight. Only a third of respondents would rather watch Game 16 of an 18 game schedule with playoff implications and a former MOP coming back to lead his team?

Vs.

Two under .500 hockey clubs - one of whom is winless - in the first month of the season with nothing on the line except the embarrassment of losing to the other, and they're not even in the same conference?

Wow. There really are a lot of brainwashed people in this city.... :roll: They should call this place "Jonestown."

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
ilovetheriders
Starter

David wrote:So let me get this straight. Only a third of respondents would rather watch Game 16 of an 18 game schedule with playoff implications and a former MOP coming back to lead his team?

Vs.

Two under .500 hockey clubs - one of whom is winless - in the first month of the season with nothing on the line except the embarrassment of losing to the other, and they're not even in the same conference?

Wow. There really are a lot of brainwashed people in this city.... :roll: They should call this place "Jonestown."

DH
Excellent post, the team 1040 is a joke...they prove it everyday.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Anyone else having trouble accessing TEAM 1040's site? :???:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I expect the TV ratings to be much closer than the poll. One could watch the entire football game and still catch the last period and a half of hockey. I'm more likely to switch to the baseball playoffs when the football game ends.
pennw
Legend

Take into consideration how few Lions fans listen to team1040 due to their 23+ hour a day hockey coverage . I would guess that that also translates into fewer people(Lions fans) checking out their website . So why expect a big vote for the Lions on a predominantly hockey station ? Seems TV numbers make CFL look considerably better .
Smooth
All Star

Anyone else notice at the Team1040 site, if you go to the Lions page, the game results haven't been updated in over a month?
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

first of all its disgusting the canucks have to play at 4 oclock to make leaf fans happy. Maybe they can getb together with the riders fans after because both the leafs and riders are going to get stomped saturday!

I will definetly watch the whole lions game and have the canucks on tape and watch it at about 7pm. no one will tell me the hockey score so i can enjoy both games in full!
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

first of all its disgusting the canucks have to play at 4 oclock to make leaf fans happy. Maybe they can getb together with the riders fans after because both the leafs and riders are going to get stomped saturday!

I will definetly watch the whole lions game and have the canucks on tape and watch it at about 7pm. no one will tell me the hockey score so i can enjoy both games in full!

many times over the years the lions and canucks let me down by both losing on the same day.

not this time! im going to enjoy double victory!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Actually, that would be CBC's fault, for being in the Leafs hip pocket 365 days a year. This is where I'm happy that TSN has exclusive broadcast rights to the CFL.

Lions/Riders, 2nd half of Canucks/Leafs and then UFC 104 for the nightcap.
David
Team Captain

Great letter in the today's Province:

DG says:
And the plans for the Cup parade come out again. As usual, one win an they've turned the corner and headed for the finals. Oh yeah, until they lose one and then everyone has has to be traded and fired, and the media fans the flames.

What a ridiculous "sports" town this is. Unbelievable that the Lions, the one franchise in this city with a history and tradition of competing in and winning championships, have to play second fiddle to this 40-year old joke.

:rockin:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar