If Javy Glatt was an import he'd be gone, and what about CP?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Honour Dewalt
Champion

OK, that was a disgrace. Embarassing. No QBs could do anything. So maybe it isn't ridiculous to think CP might be an option. These guys just don't seem to have it. And I really think Javy Glatt would have suffered the Stith treatment if he was American. He is out of his league.
Area51
All Star

Doesn't matter how bad Glatt plays or where he's from...if he was American or if he was Mexican.....it all comes down to him being one of Wally's favourites. That's the key factor in personnel decisions on this team. Witness Gary Buono playing the role of pass rusher when he has no ability to actually rush the passer.

Until the GM/coach gets put out of his misery, BC is stuck with inferior players like that. Look out 3-15, here we come!
Honour Dewalt
Champion

Gary Buono?
Bobbyp
Champion

I think there are so many little problems that when you add them up it becomes a big problem. The biggest one I see is no pressure on the qb from the defence, second no time for our qb, third the play calling on offence to offset the fact our Qbs have no time to throw the ball. Not taking a safety on that one punt was really really dumb.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Rammer
Team Captain

There were a couple of sacks given up by BP that weren't the OL's, the necessary time was there, but I think that the Stamps D knows our routes better than our own receivers. Also when BP did throw deep, both Skillern and Arceneaux slowed down in mid route, and the ball ended up well over thrown. It was strange to see it happen twice on the only two deep balls thrown.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

As for the title of the thread, I really think that we need the injection of Armour on our D, and really could have used him tonight given it was his old team.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:As for the title of the thread, I really think that we need the injection of Armour on our D, and really could have used him tonight given it was his old team.
We didn't need to take any more penalties.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I actually thought those two deeper balls shouldn't have been even thrown. If they wren't over-thrown they'd be intercepted
kenny
Champion

Calgary really seemed to have a lot of success when they ran the ball right at Javy. As a team the stamps were over 200 yards , somebody has to step up and make some plays. We are really missing Tyrone Williams nobody plugged up the middle better than him why Wally let him walk I'll never know.

Right now we are just a bad football team
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:There were a couple of sacks given up by BP that weren't the OL's, the necessary time was there, but I think that the Stamps D knows our routes better than our own receivers.
So does every team in the league. Our offensive is too predictable and has been for several years. Your average fan in the stands can predict what's coming.
kenny
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:
Rammer wrote:There were a couple of sacks given up by BP that weren't the OL's, the necessary time was there, but I think that the Stamps D knows our routes better than our own receivers.
So does every team in the league. Our offensive is too predictable and has been for several years. Your average fan in the stands can predict what's coming.
Those long crossing routes over the middle that took for every to develop aren't that hard to pick up when you see them all the time. Honestly I thought the OL gave Buck and Jarious enough time.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:There were a couple of sacks given up by BP that weren't the OL's, the necessary time was there, but I think that the Stamps D knows our routes better than our own receivers. Also when BP did throw deep, both Skillern and Arceneaux slowed down in mid route, and the ball ended up well over thrown. It was strange to see it happen twice on the only two deep balls thrown.
Saw that too. Since when do receivers quit on routes with the ball in the air???

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:There were a couple of sacks given up by BP that weren't the OL's, the necessary time was there, but I think that the Stamps D knows our routes better than our own receivers. Also when BP did throw deep, both Skillern and Arceneaux slowed down in mid route, and the ball ended up well over thrown. It was strange to see it happen twice on the only two deep balls thrown.
Saw that too. Since when do receivers quit on routes with the ball in the air???

Well Wally said they got out coached and maybe Jacque C the Receivers Coach (?) needs to focus on getting this group of receivers playing better and let Kruck call the plays with SAW being the watchword for the receivers who want the ball in the air all the time.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
ziggy
Legend

Our special teams sucked, they gave the Stamps good field position and gave our team nothing. Our offence was appalling and probably would have struggled against a good junior team. Neither QB looked like they were up to game speed and both looked rattled and frankly incompetent.We couldn't stop the long ball except in the first quarter when Burris overthrew his wide open receivers.

That being said, if getting rid of Javy Glatt fixes all that lets do it. I must admit though I'm skeptical.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Honour Dewalt wrote:And I really think Javy Glatt would have suffered the Stith treatment if he was American. He is out of his league.
I was thinking the same last night... and the game last week. He's not cut out to be a MLB..... too small, slow and can't shed tackles to get to the ball carrier. What has really amplified this is the fact that we continue to play this soccer formation 4-2-6. It's not working and it won't until you have a capable MLB with size and range. Strange how the other teams seem to find one... look at the Ti-Cats. Big ass import MLB. I'm also seeing that our two CDN rush ends just aren't getting the job done either. Maybe it's time to go back to using import DE's until we can draft and develope from the Canadian college draft. That Willis kid sure impressed me last night.