A Bone To Pick with the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

Who should we contact to bring these types of issues? I'm all for improving game experience
RoarLionsRoar
Rookie

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your e-mail and your feedback on the music during BC Lions home games.

In general, we try to choose music that will appeal to a large cross-section of fans.

As a season ticket holder, you may have noticed slightly different music choices during our July 18th game versus the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. On that night, we purposely selected music that reflected our late President and CEO Bob Ackles’ personal favourites as part of our tribute to him.

If you have any suggestions for music at future BC Lions home games, I welcome you to send those song titles/artists and we will take them into consideration.

Once again, I thank you for your e-mail and your support of the club.

Sincerely,

Daniel Fung

Operations Assistant

BC Lions Football Club

dfung@bclions.com

BC Place Office Direct: 604-661-3628

Surrey Office: 604-930-5465
lucky leo
Rookie

if you dont like the music than call the lions office or email them your concerns...they will listen to your concern no reason *beeotch* about on lionbackers that won't solve anything...
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

lucky leo wrote:if you dont like the music than call the lions office or email them your concerns...they will listen to your concern no reason *beeotch* about on lionbackers that won't solve anything...
Thanks for your constructive input there, LL! :roll: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of a discussion board to...oh...actually discuss things? Actually, in the past quite a few concerns have been resolved by discussing them here. This is where we can all get together and pool our ideas as a group. But your opinion is valid as well, and thanks again for your input. We'll keep it under advisement. :beauty:
Real women wear orange!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Lots of great points. For me, I think educating fanbase is the #1 priority. It's really tied into the Golden Rule (do unto others etc....). Why would you wait through some of these long commercial breaks, the play finally gets whistled in and then you decide to go get a beer as the ball is snapped!?!!?!? I know it was the sitting there doing nothing that put the thought in your head but I came to watch a football game. IF, one is considering AISLE seats don't get them, you go up/down like a yo-yo. THe one benefit is you can tap on the shoulder the MORON's standing in the aisle watching the play while blocking the view for lots of people behind them. M
joesports
All Star

CatsEyes wrote:
lucky leo wrote:if you dont like the music than call the lions office or email them your concerns...they will listen to your concern no reason *beeotch* about on lionbackers that won't solve anything...
Thanks for your constructive input there, LL! :roll: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of a discussion board to...oh...actually discuss things? Actually, in the past quite a few concerns have been resolved by discussing them here. This is where we can all get together and pool our ideas as a group. But your opinion is valid as well, and thanks again for your input. We'll keep it under advisement. :beauty:
It is my impression that there are Lions people that come here and they do take our input seriously. This is a discussion board as CatsEyes has stated and we are simply discussing things. Those of us that feel its important to contact the Lions directly will do so, others would rather have an open forum to bounce ideas or thoughts off others.

The Lions do take customer feed back seriously and Bob Ackles was the Champion of it!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

joesports wrote: It is my impression that there are Lions people that come here and they do take our input seriously. This is a discussion board as CatsEyes has stated and we are simply discussing things. Those of us that feel its important to contact the Lions directly will do so, others would rather have an open forum to bounce ideas or thoughts off others.

The Lions do take customer feed back seriously and Bob Ackles was the Champion of it!
:whs: Well put, js! :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
SJ46
Starter

I'm a seasons ticket holder too and personally I can't stand hip-hop or whatever you call it. But, having got that off my chest, I have to agree with you. We want the younger crowd to come to the games and if we're going to keep the kids coming we have to get off the Elvis music and play whatever they are listening to. I really don't think the older fans will mind either as long as it doesn't interfere with the game.
SJ46
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Try contacting Updesh Grewal, Customer Service Representative

ugrewal@bclions.com
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

bclions4life wrote:
And "Come on and Roar You Lions Roar" after touchdowns... Maybe keep the classic for after the convert.

Argh.
Could not agree more with you more "bcl4l' as I am a great fan of the football marching bands, and seeing as we have an exceptional home town moniker in "Roar you Lions Roar"...

Let's give it our steady best and get behind the spirit after every points we score.

Hear, hear man... job well done!
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
bclions4life

Thanks for responding, everyone! I think that the Lions SHOULD do a quick video shoot explaining that it's great to be loud on D but quiet on offence. After all, we do have new HD video banners displaying the score and time, we should be doing "SHHH... OFFENCE AT WORK" way more than we currently are.

I will definitely update this thread after the next home game. If I hear "Love Shack" or the Beach Boys after a huge defensive stop I will go insane.

Go Lions!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

joesports wrote:Lastly, I have a beef with the new scoreboards/game clocks. I understand the need for advertising but people would like to be able to see how much time is left in the quarter/game and the stupid thing is running ads. This seems to be getting worse as the season goes on, at least for me. There were many times last game that I wanted to look at the time and it ws running beer ads or Sportsaction or whatever else. I think that they should only run ads during the commercials on TV and thats it. Or at the very least make them shorter.

Thats my 2 cents.
I heard Ball and/or Caravatta bemoaning the same thing. As broadcasters they are theoretically supposed to be right on top of everything. However there is still some fan in them for a lack of better term. When the action cuts to a commercial break they talk a bit off air then just as they are ready to go back on air they instinctively look towards the clock to refresh themselves on the time and score to set up the return to action, but of course that is nowhere to be seen.

As for the music selection it doesn't much matter to me. It's all but tuned out. I feel that if after a game I could name of the songs and artists of more than 2 tunes that were used at any point in the game then I really wasn't paying attention to the game. For the most part the PA dude and the music are like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

joesports wrote:
Lastly, I have a beef with the new scoreboards/game clocks. I understand the need for advertising but people would like to be able to see how much time is left in the quarter/game and the stupid thing is running ads. This seems to be getting worse as the season goes on, at least for me. There were many times last game that I wanted to look at the time and it ws running beer ads or Sportsaction or whatever else. I think that they should only run ads during the commercials on TV and thats it. Or at the very least make them shorter.

Thats my 2 cents.
I won't complain about much, but have to agree with the new scoreboards (or are they advertising boards). I was really looking forward to being able to see the game time/score much easier, but I think that with the current configuration, the new boards aren't so convenient afterall.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Yes, I also have a big problem with the boards. When both teams break the huddle, I don't want to have to look up to find down and distance and time. I want to see formations and match-ups. The time both teams are in the huddle is when I'll look up for that information...but alas, it's never available. I can't stand seeing an ad up there every 5 seconds.