Did Jarious get spooked by the 55,000?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Did Jarious get spooked by the 55,000? He looked nervous, tentative.

Yet he played at Notre Dame in front of he said 80,000 with purple hats, marching bands.

Why wouldn't his Notre Dame experience playing in front of 80,000 help him in the Western Final in front of 55,000?

I just thought Jarious would've been experienced in handling big crowds and would've showed so much more confidence in a big time situation.

I guess College experience and CFL Pro experience are two different issues? Yet I feel that Big Game is Big Game. He should have had the confidence. :bawl:
chimpy

nice to see you back . i think JJ would have been fine if he was left in, he needed to get his feet wet for the first half, i think if Wally went with him in the second half it would have been a diffrent story.
wildthing
All Star

maybe it was Jarious came out like he did in many games this season, slowly, the Ride D was prepared and as such he had a bad outing, nothing more nothing less. Spooked by the crowd :lol: thats absurd. Spooked by the opponent, maybe
chimpy

no i do not think he was spooked by the riders , he needed to get comfortable, like he did in Sask when we beat you guy's in the last second.

And i Guarantee he would have beat you guy's again.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Yes he made a couple of bad throws but more importantly the Lions had a crappy game plan and a very good Riders defence was sitting back and waiting for it.
wildthing
All Star

chimpy wrote:no i do not think he was spooked by the riders , he needed to get comfortable, like he did in Sask when we beat you guy's in the last second.

And i Guarantee he would have beat you guy's again.
hmm not much weight on that guarantee since we can't replay the same game. Fact was he looked confused and frustrated by the Rider D and was pulled for a vertran. he looke dthe same way in Saskatchewan but the was no one to take over and in the end got lucky to win that game.
joesports
All Star

Jarious is not the reason we lost the game.
chimpy

Jarious is not the reason we lost the game.

That is right, I still think if JJ was left in we would have had a better chance to win , i would not have had taken him out.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Being forced into playing Lorne Plante at guard/tackle was the the single biggest reason the Lions lost the game.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Tighthead
Legend

Jim Mullin wrote:Being forced into playing Lorne Plante at guard/tackle was the the single biggest reason the Lions lost the game.
There also seemed to be a failure to adjust to the insertion of Plante. Green or someone should have been deployed to stay in the backfield and help Plante.

I also question why Plante was dressed. He is nowhere near ready. If you feel the need for another OL, tweak the lineup and dress Farrow. Plante gives you nothing.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jackson has always been a slow starter.
Zarquon
Champion

Jim Mullin wrote:Being forced into playing Lorne Plante at guard/tackle was the the single biggest reason the Lions lost the game.
This and the turn overs. Jarius had the one bad throw which cost us 3 and the Smart fumble which cost us 7. Both of those were just as big as the O-Line injuries.

I think if we had not had those turnovers OR Sherko does not get injured then we win that game, but hey they happen and the Riders played mistake free football and ended up winning.
Vern Halen
Champion

mmmm...not so sure - Jermese Jones got schooled by Cam Wake all game so it kinda evens out, no?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Did Jarious get spooked by the 55,000?
WAITAMINNIT... are you suggesting that after all your crying and *beeotch* and pining for a big crowd and lots of noise... now you think that's the very thing that cost US the game?

Dude. Seek professional help. Seriously. Your brain (to use the term loosely) is gonna tear itself in half, at this rate.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Gerry
Legend

Soundy wrote:
120dB wrote:Did Jarious get spooked by the 55,000?
WAITAMINNIT... are you suggesting that after all your crying and *beeotch* and pining for a big crowd and lots of noise... now you think that's the very thing that cost US the game?

Dude. Seek professional help. Seriously. Your brain (to use the term loosely) is gonna tear itself in half, at this rate.
It has. He only posts half the time as 120db, and the other half of his brain he uses as chimpy.
Enough is enough.