Lions vs. Esks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Stresd
Rookie

.......3 throws for nothing
KILLER
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Horrible start.... did they know it was a noon kickoff or have they been reading too many headlines? :thdn:
Motivation is the issue when the game means so little to the Lions and means so much for the Esks.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
KILLER
Legend

That was weak lol absolutely no push from the O-Line.
Stresd
Rookie

first is not in the BAg yet...The lions need this..when do you pill JJ?
bclion99

You know you got it bad when you cannot stop dreaming about the Lions - literally.
On Thursday night, I had an odd dream in which Dickenson got into the game late, but during his third or fourth snap, he started wobbly and wandered over the line of scrimmage. He wasn't hit, but the effects of the concussions were still there. They pulled him. Then I woke up.

Then, last night, I put $30 on the Lions (-10) on Bowmans.com, then promptly had a vivid dream in which they were crushed 44-18. But they were playing in Regina against the Roughriders.

And now, after one half, they are playing like the TiCats.
Yikes.
Don Miller
Legend

:bang: WTF where is the intensity? Our o line are getting pushed around and our tacklling is shoddy. We better get it together before we are down too far. Our footwear is not working either. We seem to have more problems than anybody else adjusting to their field?? JJ looks out of rhythm with the receivers today.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Roaring Fan Since 82!!
Rookie

Ugh! Any other Lions fans in Northern Alberta enjoying Red Green right now on CBC? Just for Laughs is now on after Red. Damn CBC! I want to watch the game! I'm listening on the net, but it's not the same. I wanted to go to the game, but couldn't make it. I'm pissed!
Da Lions rule!
Stresd
Rookie

Jj is always out of ryth but for one game/....just check his completion stats...need to get Bucky in for some reps so later in the season wally can pull the trigger on JJ when he sucks..and trust me he , he will suck
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Don Miller wrote:Our footwear is not working either. We seem to have more problems than anybody else adjusting to their field??
So true... the Lions seem to be in slow motion every time they visit Commonwealth. Kato has been their equipment manager for how long? This shouldn't be such an issue.
KILLER
Legend

Not much offense for the Lions in the 1st quarter. Let's hope that the competitive juices get flowing soon.
Zarquon
Champion

This field is always terrible. :x Maybe the CFL should force the Esks to play only away games until the fix the field. :wink:
Last edited by Zarquon on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotEZBeingGreen

Sorry to just jump in here but Roaring Fan:If you go to cbc.ca, you can watch a video feed of the game, just don't listen to the radio at the same time cause the feed is usually about a full play behind.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Jackson is back in his slow start mode we saw a few games ago. This is where it gets interesting with a more healthier Buck and now DD waiting in the wings.

He will get the entire 2nd quarter to get it going but all bets are off beyond that.
KILLER
Legend

zarquon wrote:This field is always terrible. :x Maybe the CFL should forced the Esks play only away games until the fix the field. :wink:
The grass seems to have very weak and shallow roots, but who can blame it, who would want to grow in Aberta soil.

;)
Leoninus
prospect

really sloppy tackling on special teams so far.

SammyGreene is right, there's absolutely no excuse for the Lions' equipment people, they had all week to prepare for this game!