Seattle Mariners 2007 thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Rick James wrote:I'm gonna go to the Canada Day game against the jays.
Then be sure to be one of the first 20,000 to enter the stadium to receive a stylish pair of Mariners sunglasses courtesy of Lomas Lasik and Eye Care Center.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Robbie wrote:
Rick James wrote:I'm gonna go to the Canada Day game against the jays.
Then be sure to be one of the first 20,000 to enter the stadium to receive a stylish pair of Mariners sunglasses courtesy of Lomas Lasik and Eye Care Center.
ahaha stadium sunglasses are worse than if you could get them at starbucks (no offence if ppl use them)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

what happened to Felix?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Ichiro Suzuki for winning the 2007 MLB All-Star game MVP. He went 3 for 3 and hit the first ever inside the park home run in an all-star game. Fortunately for him the National League didn't come back to win the game after scoring two runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to come within one run and then loading the bases, since MVP is always awarded to a member of the winning team. He is the second Seattle Mariner to win the award after Ken Griffey Jr. won it as a Mariner in the 1992 all-star game.

I was surprised that despite playing and living in America for at least seven years, Ichiro is still very deficient in the English language as he required a translator to do his interview during the on-field trophy and truck presentation for his MVP award. And he didn't directly answer the questions that were asked of him. Only about 10% of the fans at AT&T Park stayed for the MVP presentation. I guess most were upset that their home National League lost for the 10th straight time notwithstanding the 2002 tie.

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

i was just going to post about that same thing Robbie(about ichiro not speaking very much english if any at all...) you'd think he would since he's been in north america for a long time now. look at Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets, he speaks pretty good english and he has only been here for 4 or 5 years...
Robbie
Hall of Famer

GeroySimonFAN wrote:i was just going to post about that same thing Robbie(about ichiro not speaking very much english if any at all...) you'd think he would since he's been in north america for a long time now. look at Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets, he speaks pretty good english and he has only been here for 4 or 5 years...
My visits to China and Japan tell me that English is spoken much more predominantly in China than it is in Japan. In almost any other SE Asian country, I was able to get by easily with English, but not Japan.

Congratulations to Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken, Jr for their Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremonies today. In his fine 20 year career, Gwynn never won the elusive World Series. As for Ripken, he won it only once and that was very early in his ironman career in 1983.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The game isn't over yet, but very pitiful of the Seattle Mariners to blow a five run lead and now trail by four runs. They are losing precious ground to the LA Angels of Anaheim and are less likely to win the A.L. West. :bang: :x