Say Goodbye to Chapball?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Madani:

#BCLions OC Jacques Chapdelaine has interviewed, and been offered, the head coaching job with the Bishop's University #Gaiters. #CFL
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:Madani:

#BCLions OC Jacques Chapdelaine has interviewed, and been offered, the head coaching job with the Bishop's University #Gaiters. #CFL
Good for him, if true. He'll do a great job and I wish him well.
joe kapp22
Legend

Wow, bad time to lose Chap, lots of changes this offseason adding a new OC just adds to it.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Wow, bad time to lose Chap, lots of changes this offseason adding a new OC just adds to it.
Unless we land Dave Dickenson.
Luke
All Star

Good for Jacques. If he accepts the position I wish him the best of luck. If he doesn't, I'll be happy to have him back as O.C., assuming that "Jacques Ball" continues next season and we don't return to "Chap Ball".
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:Madani:

Ya never know. But I hope he is back here. If not, then I wish him well. As Mike B said, the coaches on the Lions are championship men. :beer:
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:Wow, bad time to lose Chap, lots of changes this offseason adding a new OC just adds to it.

I don't see Calgary giving us permission to talk to Dave about an Assistant position...and I don't know that going laterally to a new team with a young HC will inspire Dave...this could be a major issue for us...hopefully MB would never consider allowing Dorazio to take the role...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
David
Team Captain

I wouldn't be averse to seeing Coach Dorazio as our new Offensive Co-Ordinator if Jacques moves on, with Kelly Bates taking over the O-line. With Dan, I think we'd see a greater commitment to the run, but I do have a very healthy respect for JC for his knowledge of the offense and how he implemented so much misdirection into the playbook midway through the season. Our play-calling and formations were very sophisticated.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:

I don't see Calgary giving us permission to talk to Dave about an Assistant position...and I don't know that going laterally to a new team with a young HC will inspire Dave...this could be a major issue for us...hopefully MB would never consider allowing Dorazio to take the role...
Exactly. No team unless they don't like the guy will let an assistant lateral.

This will be Benevides first test - can he assemble a coaching staff which is the mark of a good HC. One thing that is not good is hearing how he might want to be his own DC. Kind of like a doctor doing his own surgery. Not that smart.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

so I guess we can add "OC" to Travis' titles. :tease:
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
ziggy
Legend

I don't see him going to Bishops. Kind of a step backwards after moving on from coaching Laval IMO.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

We also have a pretty good receivers coach in Travis Moore. That might be an outside possibility. Like the "Jacque" Ball vs "Chap" Ball distinction. Very clever!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I won't shed a tear if Chapdelaine decides to leave. Not withstanding the improvement in playcalling and schemes after game 5, the fact remains it almost took his being fired before he made adjustments.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:I won't shed a tear if Chapdelaine decides to leave. Not withstanding the improvement in playcalling and schemes after game 5, the fact remains it almost took his being fired before he made adjustments.
That is the definition of being stubborn to a fault. I wish him well, he certainly is head strong and I do think that his departure will hurt the Lions continuity. With that said, I am sure that the Lions playbook is now good enough to allow him to move on and it to be adapted with the new OC. I also believe that JC is making a mistake, in that he would be a step closer to a CFL HC job if he enjoyed similar success with the Lions in 2012, and that is ultimately what he wants.
Entertainment value = an all time low