Lions @ Riders, Game Day Thread, November 14, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

"Let's light this candle," said Alan Shepard.

This is just like a playoff game.  Oh yeah, it actually is a playoff game this time. :wink:

Yowsuh.  

It is a near perfectt opportunity for us.  Riders LBs are messed up.  They do not defend the run well. If we decide to feature the running game, that would be nice.

O Line has settled down, with the addition of Joe McGrath, and now Jesse Newman gets his chance.

Lulay is ready.  Receivers have been showing well.

D Line still thin in numbers.  Gotta stop Cates.  Gotta defend well against Fantuz, etc.  Keep Durant in the pocket.  Need a good game from Crawford and Franks.

Go Yonus.

Should be a great game. Whoooooooooooo

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Memo to OC: run the friggin football.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Mess up Durant's rythym and we have a great chance. Our halfbalks will need to step it up against Fantusz and Dressler. Let's run the ball down their throats and see if the Rider's can defend the run. :good:
joe kapp22
Legend

Here is to hoping Tad Crawford has a great game, deny them long plays and make Durant be a qb!

:beer:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

ed_lunsford wrote:Here is to hoping Tad Crawford has a great game, deny them long plays and make Durant be a qb!

:beer:
I think that the Crawford factor is huge, especially in the red zone. Limit the Riders TD's and then they have to resort to their suspect kicking game, a sure way to deflate any momentum they build with a long drive. If I see an easy TD from the redzone over the top of Crawford, I am going be very bummed.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Gerry
Legend

I'll be interested to see how Lulay does. Will he continue to progress and will it be enough to win? We'll need a total team effort for sure. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jarious if needed. If I recall correctly, he's come up big in Regina for us before.
Enough is enough.
Rammer
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:I'll be interested to see how Lulay does. Will he continue to progress and will it be enough to win? We'll need a total team effort for sure. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jarious if needed. If I recall correctly, he's come up big in Regina for us before.
I don't understand why JJ got bumped to the back of the bus, and I agree that this is a game that you don't hold back if you need a spark. I still would have liked to see him in more game time, as it may come down to that in the playoff drive.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:I'll be interested to see how Lulay does. Will he continue to progress and will it be enough to win? We'll need a total team effort for sure. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jarious if needed. If I recall correctly, he's come up big in Regina for us before.
Its going to be a frozen turf...and an injury to a key player could impact this game..hope not but certainly a possibility.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Lions ... story.html

Some hunourous perspective from Saskabush ...
With the cold, the crowd noise and an exceptionally high crown in the middle of the Regina field, which throws a lot of quarterbacks off, Mosaic is a notoriously difficult place to play.

“The beauty of playing in Saskatchewan is to get teams from places where it’s not that cold to come in here this time of year and have to play us,” said Durant.

“Ask guys on other teams how they like coming here to play — it’s a huge advantage for us,” said Saskatchewan defensive back Lance Frazier. “Guys hate playing at Mosaic Stadium, because they know our fans are going to be into it, and they’re going to hear it from our fans, and they’re going to poke and pry at them, and maybe even throw things at them now and then. So it’s great for us, we feed off it obviously — our home record (7-2) has been pretty good, which is one of the only positives about our team this year.

“It’s going to be awesome, electric. I’m a Floridian, so snow is always exciting for us. I’ve never played a meaningful game in the snow, so it’ll be fun.”
Well it is not as if Regina is the only CFL city that gets bad weather. A bit of an advantage perhaps for the home team. You still have to play the game. More of a factor is the crowd and the noise.
bbking
Starter

Larry Key wrote:Mess up Durant's rythym and we have a great chance. Our halfbalks will need to step it up against Fantusz and Dressler. Let's run the ball down their throats and see if the Rider's can defend the run. :good:

An excellent way to mess up Durant's rhythm is for our offense to keep their offense off the field. :cr:
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

getting jacked for this one!! less than 2 hours to go. Got my pre-game playlist cranked.

1. Roar You Lions Roar - Dal Richards
2. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC (for the women at Taylor Field)
3. The Kid Is Hot Tonight - Loverboy ((for Lulay)
4. Four Kicks - Kings of Leon (for PM and the monster game I expect he will enjoy back at Taylor Field)
5. Orange Crush - REM (for Sol E and the beating he will put on any Rider that comes near him)
6. Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty (for Yonus Davis)

LET'S GO LEOS!!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions are 3-2 all time in Regina in the postseason and haven't lost a playoff game there since the 1970s. Any supposed advantage for the Riders is delusional.
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:The Lions are 3-2 all time in Regina in the postseason and haven't lost a playoff game there since the 1970s. Any supposed advantage for the Riders is delusional.
They are likely going with both teams regular season records plus Regina having home field advantage.

However, the Riders were 1-4 in their last five games, only beating Edmonton in thier final game of the regular season. We finished 6-2 and won our last 3 games. Won't be long to know which team is going to play the best 60 minutes.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
zark
Champion

Noon-time. Kick off is looming closer. The wife and kids have their jerseys on, and it's pizza and wings....and of course beer. Depending on the outcome...If my posts don't make sense after the game... please ignore.
Nice song list BTW, Belize City Lion
This Eastern final is boring me...but good luck Argo fans. They need the win more. Not that they deserve it. Lemon is living up to his name.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx