How The West Was Won (Or Will End Up)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

I believe our loss to Edmonton on Friday night will likely end up being the loss that finally displaced us as Western Champs since 2004. This is how I'm guessing the West will end up...

1. Calgary Stampeders
2. Saskatchewan Roughriders
3. Edmonton Eskimos
4. B.C. Lions

I believe there is still a chance of second place but we'll likely be on the road for the playoffs this season. If we don't finish in second place and that's looking tougher every day the best scenario might be fourth and the crossover. We aer 3-6 against Western oppponents this season. Playing Winnipeg might be the best scenario in the East semi-finals.

What do you think???
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Blitz wrote:I believe our loss to Edmonton on Friday night will likely end up being the loss that finally displaced us as Western Champs since 2004. This is how I'm guessing the West will end up...

1. Calgary Stampeders
2. Saskatchewan Roughriders
3. Edmonton Eskimos
4. B.C. Lions

I believe there is still a chance of second place but we'll likely be on the road for the playoffs this season. If we don't finish in second place and that's looking tougher every day the best scenario might be fourth and the crossover. We aer 3-6 against Western oppponents this season. Playing Winnipeg might be the best scenario in the East semi-finals.

What do you think???
After today we are in third. With a little help we finish second. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
ziggy
Legend

Still in it for second and I think we'll make it. Time to turn it up a notch!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Simple: win Friday and the Lions will end up 2nd. Lose and it's time to make plans for a November game in Winnipeg.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lions win in Edmonton, Esks have trouble winning back to backs, leaves the Leos at 10-6. The Same weekend, Riders win at home against Hamilton, also 10-6. Winnipeg loses to Calgary, meaning the Stamps are 11-5.

So after next weekend:

Calgary 11-5
BC 10-6 (hold season series over Regina)
Regina 10-6
Edmonton 9-7

After the weekend of the 19th:

Calgary wins in Hamilton, goes 12-5. BC beats Argos at home, goes 11-6. Edmonton defeats the Riders in Regina, goes to 10-7 with the Riders 10-7. OR, Sask wins, and they are 11-6, and Esks are 9-8.

After the 19th:

Calgary 12-5
BC 11-6
Edmonton 10-7
Regina 10-7

OR:

Calgary 12-5
BC 11-6
Sask 11-6
Edmonton 9-8

Final weekend, Sask wins in Toronto, Als lose in Edmonton, and the Lions win in Calgary.

Calgary 12-6
BC 12-6
Sask 12-6
Edmonton 10-8

OR:

Calgary 12-6
BC 12-6
Edmonton 11-7
Sask 11-7

Lions could afford one loss of the next 3, provided they get help. Winning Friday would be a great start.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think the best case scenario is the Lions finishing 3rd and playing the semi final in Saskatchewan and worst case cross over and play the Bombers.
Big Time
Champion

I think you have that mixed up Lionking. The BEST cast scenario is going to Winnipeg. The worst is on the road in Regina.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

The BEST is hosting the West Semi; the WORST is on the road in Edmonton.
QB#9
Starter

The BEST is hosting the west final. It is still not completely out of the question. We just need help. If we win the rest, including one against both edmonton and calgary, and we get help from either winnipeg or hamilton against calgary, then first is ours regardless of what saskatchewan does. I know it is unlikely that calgary will lose to winnipeg or hamilton, but we can't erase the possibility. After all, it is the CFL. :beer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

QB#9 wrote:The BEST is hosting the west final. It is still not completely out of the question. We just need help. If we win the rest, including one against both edmonton and calgary, and we get help from either winnipeg or hamilton against calgary, then first is ours regardless of what saskatchewan does. I know it is unlikely that calgary will lose to winnipeg or hamilton, but we can't erase the possibility. After all, it is the CFL. :beer:
I guess we can all dream. :lol:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I still believe that we'll end up hosting a playoff game.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I still think we end up first. Win out boys!
zark
Champion

I've been to The Peg.playing there is not a good scenario at this time of year.lets play for 1st and play indoors.throw the ball buck.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Solar Max wrote:Lions win in Edmonton, Esks have trouble winning back to backs, leaves the Leos at 10-6.
Edmonton also struggles to win on the road but you wouldn't know it based on Friday night's game. They were 2-5 on the year and 6-19 over the last 3 seasons and by all accounts made the Lions look very average in BC Place. Their only home blemish this year was the loss to Calgary in the back half of the LD Classic home and home. If the Lions have any designs on a Dome playoff date Friday night's rematch at Commonwealth is a must-win game. Lose it and they will be playoff road warriors. There would remain slim mathematical chances but the reality is everything rides on this weekend's game. Lose it and they trail Edmonton by 2 and have lost that tie-breaker. They'd then need the Riders to knock off the Esks and the Alouettes do likewise in Week 19 when all they will want to do is escape Commonwealth with a clean bill of health.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.