Lions at Alouettes Sept. 18, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions could have more roster changes for Saturday’s game in Montreal. According to the team’s official injury report, Bryan Burnham missed the final practice of the week with a groin injury Thursday. Lemar Durant didn’t practice all week and Dominique Rhymes is on the 6-game injured list. That seems to guarantee another start for Jevon Cottoy and Keon Hatcher. I don’t know who would be the next man up.

RB Shaq Cooper didn’t practise Wednesday or Thursday and will likely be replaced by James Butler (ankle), who has been a full participant in practice all week.

On defence, CB Jalon Edward-Cooper practiced all
week and Victor Gamboa (elbow) didn’t practise at all so Edwards-Cooper should be a good bet to reclaim his starting position.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:02 pm
The Lions could have more roster changes for Saturday’s game in Montreal. According to the team’s official injury report, Bryan Burnham missed the final practice of the week with a groin injury Thursday. Lemar Durant didn’t practice all week and Dominique Rhymes is on the 6-game injured list. That seems to guarantee another start for Jevon Cottoy and Keon Hatcher. I don’t know who would be the next man up.

RB Shaq Cooper didn’t practise Wednesday or Thursday and will likely be replaced by James Butler (ankle), who has been a full participant in practice all week.

week and Victor Gamboa (elbow) didn’t practise at all so Edwards-Cooper should be a good bet to reclaim his starting position.
I wonder if they would move Nationals Hastings or Scarfone over to the boundary side in place of Burnham, or perhaps activate either Wesley or Bofshever from the practice squad. B.C.FAN, do you recall from training camp observations who showed better potential between the two Americans?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:02 pm

I wonder if they would move Nationals Hastings or Scarfone over to the boundary side in place of Burnham, or perhaps activate either Wesley or Bofshever from the practice squad. B.C.FAN, do you recall from training camp observations who showed better potential between the two Americans?
Bofshever backed up Durant in training camp and Hatcher backed up Burnham. Cottoy played Rhymes’ position in 2019 and looked great in the last two games, so those would seem to be the most likely moves if Burnham can’t go. Wesley backed up Whitehead at boundary WR and didn’t seem to do much except catch TD passes. That’s a good way to get noticed.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have released their depth chart and roster for Montreal. Bryan Burnham is listed as questionable but no one has been activated from the practice roster to back him up so the team must be confident that he can play.

As expected, James Butler is activated from the injured list to start at running back. Shaq Cooper moves to the 1-game injured list with a hip injury.

On defence, rookie Jalon Edwards-Cooper returns to his starting cornerback position after missing one game in which the Lions surrendered only their second passing TD in four games. Victor Gamboa is moved to the 6-game injured list with an arm injury.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It’s not game-related except the final two minutes, but Marshall Ferguson of TSN had a fantastic wide-ranging interview with new Lions owner Amar Doman today, covering his family and business background, life lessons learned and his
passion and vision for the franchise.
It’s worth watching the full 26 minutes.

David
Team Captain

Yea, the more I see/hear from Amar, the more I think we hit this ownership search out of the park. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
BC 1988
Legend

Burnham being interviewed on the field right now, so he will play.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Beautiful opening TD drive for the second straight week.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Interception by TJ Lee
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

We have to shore up that run defence
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Why is that no yards ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Is Larose back playing with the Lions ?