Practice Report 20070716 Monday

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This alleged TSN report makes no sense.

If Buck Pierce starts, which he says he is preparing for, it will be because he is no. 2 on the depth chart and not injured! It will have nothing to do with Joe Smith annoyed about not getting the ball from Jarius Jackson!!

It would have to be a very major "incident" for a team not to play someone who would be a starter. I am not suggesting that dressing room "incidents" don't occur from time to time in sport, but I don't recall the combatants sitting games out as starters due to this sort of thing between two people. I find this hard to believe.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:This alleged TSN report makes no sense.

If Buck Pierce starts, which he says he is preparing for, it will be because he is no. 2 on the depth chart and not injured! It will have nothing to do with Joe Smith annoyed about not getting the ball from Jarius Jackson!!

It would have to be a very major "incident" for a team not to play someone who would be a starter. I am not suggesting that dressing room "incidents" don't occur from time to time in sport, but I don't recall the combatants sitting games out as starters due to this sort of thing between two people. I find this hard to believe.
x2
Glattfan6
prospect

well as of saturday the reports said HERE IN CALGARY that JJ was goin to start on friday. thats why i said that Wally was goin to start Pierce instead of letting him rest. i would rather see BP start than JJ, HOWEVER, with this TSN report they said that one of them wouldnt be starting, how is that hard to believe?
in the lions i trust. always have. always will 18 years and goin strong
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TSN report they said that one of them wouldnt be starting, how is that hard to believe?
I believe that part; one of them definately won't be starting. 8)
Glattfan6
prospect

lol, i was just reading on tsn about the banged up QB that after the practise that both QBs will be told who would be starting. so it should be in your papers, cuz the calgary herald is a joke. nothing is never in my paper about the canucks or the lions news then again this city is a joke...
and unfortunately i need to go by what i hear about the lions from what i hear through everyone else.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Yeah this makes no sense. If it was real, then I'm sure we all would ahve been able to read about it on TSN.ca or on any of our papers as some of them live for this stuff.

In addition, Joe Smith wouldn't be yelling at JJ simply because JJ doesn't call the plays. That would be an argument a player would have with the OC. JJJ just simply raises his arms and says "It ain't my call".

Sorry but I would check your friend's sources because it doesn't make any sense when you consider all the variables (personalities, logisitics, logic, etc.)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
David
Team Captain

Agreed. Doesn't make sense. Joe Smith is way too laid back.

The only possible scenario is on the broken play on JJ's touchdown. Maybe there was finger-pointing as to who should have been where (although we scored anyway, so it seems unlikely). :?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Agreed. Doesn't make sense. Joe Smith is way too laid back.

The only possible scenario is on the broken play on JJ's touchdown. Maybe there was finger-pointing as to who should have been where (although we scored anyway, so it seems unlikely). :?

DH 8)
Yah, your idea makes more sense for sure. I really gave JJ some credit while watching Friday. You go in figuring you're the 3rd stringer and end up starting the second half! Proves that sulking is not needed, just be ready when we need you, we will need you (hopefully not but this is the CFL). Wally's approach of having the QB's all stay involved is sure paying off now.
Glattfan6
prospect

notahomer wrote:

DH 8)
Yah, your idea makes more sense for sure. I really gave JJ some credit while watching Friday. You go in figuring you're the 3rd stringer and end up starting the second half! Proves that sulking is not needed, just be ready when we need you, we will need you (hopefully not but this is the CFL). Wally's approach of having the QB's all stay involved is sure paying off now.
wow. i come hear. thinkin great a few good guys n girls to chat with that like the same colour i do, and u guys run over me like a semi truck thanks.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Glattfan6 wrote:
notahomer wrote:

DH 8)
wow. i come hear. thinkin great a few good guys n girls to chat with that like the same colour i do, and u guys run over me like a semi truck thanks.
I don't think anybody is trying to run you over like a semi-truck. People are merely discussing the point that you raised and I don't think it was intended to be personal towards you. It's always nice to have more people to talk to and you're more than welcome here. Just, when you raise an issue that should be a big deal (feud between our starting RB and 3rd string QB about play calling) and it's not even mentioned in the Vancouver media, it lends many people to view it was a hoax. Not saying you're the bad guy, you're just relaying information that you heard but that doesn't mean that people have to run with it if it appears to be false. Sorry if it seemed like a case of us shooting the messenger though, I don't think that was anybody's intention.
Glattfan6
prospect

one last time to clear this up, SEEING that as of friday night. saturday morning BP was on the INJURY list. it was said that JJ was goin to START FRIDAY. with me so far? making sense? AS of the TSN REPORT that was said that happened in the LIONS dressing room, between smith our RUNNING BACK, laid back guy or not wasNOT happy that he was NOT getting the ball, THEREFORE its said that he BLEW up in JJs face. WALLY said that ONE of them WOULD NOT BE STARTING. SEEING that BP is now CAPABLE but i havent heard what happend after mondays practise, wally was goin to say to ONE of the 2 qbs, bp and JJ to who was goin to be playing. RUMOUR had it that since that dressing INCIDENT that I WAS told that was on tsn.

Does that help???
I DONT like being told that im lying to you. im merely telling you what i heard. again. i dont get the Lion Media like the locals in the lowermainland get. therefore i go by what i hear.

thank you joe for stating what you did. but in my eyes. remarks like the above tell me that they think im im Bsing. and im pullin stuff out of the air. which im not. the Calgary herald is crap, the calgary sun is crap, therefore, i go from what CFL enthusists tell me, my friend is a NFL fan before CFL and he has no reason to play with my head. he says he would rather wear orange than anything.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

No one is saying you are bs'ing as you put it. We question TSN's version. It might be true but no one hearing TSN broadcasts has heard it and Farhan Lalji of TSN and CKNW would surely have mentioned this if he had heard it.

TSN is dead wrong about Buck Pierce being added to the injured list. Why would they declare that when they didn't yet know the extent of the injury, and they didn't? The rules don't require that to be done that fast and these are the only Lions transactions recorded by the CFL since the Sask game.

Transactions
Name: 2007-07-17: Lions Transactions:
Lions Transactions

ROSTER 17-Jul-07

BC TFR TO DISABLED NIP Lorne PLANTE (OL) Manitoba

Transactions
Name: 2007-07-15: Lions Transactions:
Lions Transactions

ROSTER 15-Jul-07

BC EXT ON RESERVE IMP Amariah FARROW (OL) Midwestern State

BC EXT ON RESERVE IMP Dennis MITCHELL (DB) Western Kentucky

BC EXT ON RESERVE NIP Adam NICOLSON (WR) Ottawa

BC EXT ON RESERVE NIP Lorne PLANTE (OL) Manitoba
Blitz
Team Captain

my friend is a NFL fan before CFL and he has no reason to play with my head. he says he would rather wear orange than anything
I'm sure he doesn't but the information is wrong!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Glattfan6 wrote:one last time to clear this up, SEEING that as of friday night. saturday morning BP was on the INJURY list. it was said that JJ was goin to START FRIDAY. with me so far? making sense? AS of the TSN REPORT that was said that happened in the LIONS dressing room, between smith our RUNNING BACK, laid back guy or not wasNOT happy that he was NOT getting the ball, THEREFORE its said that he BLEW up in JJs face. WALLY said that ONE of them WOULD NOT BE STARTING. SEEING that BP is now CAPABLE but i havent heard what happend after mondays practise, wally was goin to say to ONE of the 2 qbs, bp and JJ to who was goin to be playing. RUMOUR had it that since that dressing INCIDENT that I WAS told that was on tsn.

Does that help???
I DONT like being told that im lying to you. im merely telling you what i heard. again. i dont get the Lion Media like the locals in the lowermainland get. therefore i go by what i hear.

thank you joe for stating what you did. but in my eyes. remarks like the above tell me that they think im im Bsing. and im pullin stuff out of the air. which im not. the Calgary herald is crap, the calgary sun is crap, therefore, i go from what CFL enthusists tell me, my friend is a NFL fan before CFL and he has no reason to play with my head. he says he would rather wear orange than anything.
Eeeeezzzzy there big fella. Just step back from the keyboard....nice....and ....slow......

No-one here is questioning you. We are discussing the issue you brought up.

Would you not agree that this piece of information, brought to us from someone in Alberta, with no-one here on the board having heard it-especially those of us living in Vancouver, from some report on TSN,-which we also get here in Vancouver, involving someone so calm and collected as Joe Smith, worried about getting the ball more in a blowout game in Saskatchewan where he had just scored 2 touchdowns........is rather hard to imagine?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

waste of time ... no issue here