WSF: Lions vs. Stamps

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions can be rightly criticized for how they started the game on defence but J.J. Adams points out that they made adjustments and did a great job after that.
After the Stamps scored on their opening drive, they didn’t make it back to the end zone until their final series, with 1:11 left in the game. In between, all they could muster was five Rene Parades field goals, and were bageled in both red zone trips. Their average drive length was 21 yards, with none longer than 51, before Begelton caught an 11-yard touchdown.
Vernon Adams Jr. slices the Stamps apart
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:22 am
The Lions can be rightly criticized for how they started the game on defence but J.J. Adams points out that they made adjustments and did a great job after that.
After the Stamps scored on their opening drive, they didn’t make it back to the end zone until their final series, with 1:11 left in the game. In between, all they could muster was five Rene Parades field goals, and were bageled in both red zone trips. Their average drive length was 21 yards, with none longer than 51, before Begelton caught an 11-yard touchdown.
Vernon Adams Jr. slices the Stamps apart

Great story and it'd be shame not to have this on this board:
The Lions pivot was the top red-zone passer this season, and now has 22 touchdowns to zero interceptions, as B.C. converted on five of seven trips inside the 20. And with his three self-scored TDs, Adams tied a franchise playoff record shared by Mervyn Fernandez, Tony Cherry, Jon Volpe and Darren Flutie.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Agreed, Toppy. The Lions will live or die on the arm and legs of VA. When he’s on, the Lions are almost unstoppable. When he’s off, games can quickly get out of hand. The Lions aren’t going to suddenly diversify their offence this season. Let’s hope that good VA has another two games in him.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

My Elks fan buddy was watching the game from his couch in Shawnigan Lake. He texted me to say on the Begelton bust LaPo pointed out a miscommunication between Rugumba and Lee. Rugumba call Lee for a switch but TJ didn't hear him.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Walt67
Starter

Wanna-b-fanboy wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:58 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:55 pm
The real key to the victory is that the Lions weren't faced with 3rd and short and having Dominique Davis come in.
Agreed- DD has costed you guys at least two games.
Yes, it was very interesting that when the Lions faced a second and very short in the second half, they left VA in the driver's seat and he plunged in for a TD. I think Davis' two fumbles and another crucial non-conversion in recent games have caused a change in thinking. Now if the Lions are facing a third and short in the Peg it will be very interesting to see who Coach Campbell deploys.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:32 am
My Elks fan buddy was watching the game from his couch in Shawnigan Lake. He texted me to say on the Begelton bust LaPo pointed out a miscommunication between Rugumba and Lee. Rugumba call Lee for a switch but TJ didn't hear him.
Yes, and the mistake was compounded by Ryan Phillips’ decision to start the game in a Cover 1 with Adrian Greene 25 yards off the ball. It was like playing a man short in the secondary. Greene was too deep and too slow to react when Begelton crossed in front of him to the open backside, and he cheated to the strong side as expected on the succeeding play. Maier had a simple read and backside toss to Marken Michel behind Mike Jones. I was sitting behind Greene in the west end zone and saw both passes coming long before he did. Fortunately, Phillips changed the defensive calls shortly afterwards, bringing Greene closer to the line of scrimmage and playing some Cover 2 to defend against deep balls across the field. The Stamps couldn’t establish much more through the air until the game was out of hand late in the fourth quarter.