Lions vs. Riders July 22, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Manny Rugamba returns from injury this week to take back his SAM linebacker spot, while Quincy Mauger moves back safety. Those are the only changes to the starting lineup for Saturday's game against Saskatchewan. Shaun Shivers will get his second straight start at running back. Kienan LaFrance has been added to the roster to back him up. Backup national DB Patrice Rene has moves to the injured list and American LB Bryce Parker moves to the practice roster.

According to the CFL Game Notes, Saskatchewan has won five straight games at B.C. Place, the longest winning streak of any B.C. opponent. The Lions last beat the Riders at home in August 2017.

Lions' depth chart and roster
squishy35
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:12 am
Manny Rugamba returns from injury this week to take back his SAM linebacker spot, while Quincy Mauger moves back safety. Those are the only changes to the starting lineup for Saturday's game against Saskatchewan. Shaun Shivers will get his second straight start at running back. Kienan LaFrance has been added to the roster to back him up. Backup national DB Patrice Rene has moves to the injured list and American LB Bryce Parker moves to the practice roster.

According to the CFL Game Notes, Saskatchewan has won five straight games at B.C. Place, the longest winning streak of any B.C. opponent. The Lions last beat the Riders at home in August 2017.

Lions' depth chart and roster
Tomorrow's game is a great opportnity to end that Riders' win streak at BC Place. We have a very healthy lineup that should be firing on all cylinders. Should be a great game with a good crowd.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

How the West could be won. 5 straight games against divisional opponents:
Sask
at Edm
at Wpg
Cal
at Sask

When we are healthy we sure have an over abundance of high quality receivers. How many snaps will McInnis get against his former team today?
Rammer
Team Captain

Lots of quality all over the team. Whob thought the D would be the force they are and the OL protecting VA like they have.

Now if ST could follow up, I could classify this the best all around Lions team in my memory.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Clash Dance
Rookie

Hard to beat that 2011 team, especially after they turned it around, after the horrible start. Geroy Simon spoke at our company retreat in the spring after the Grey Cup win. He said in warm up, before a game against the Al's, one of their coaches (forget the name, but he was a college team mate of Geroy), came up to him and said take ut easy on us tonight. Geroy said opponents had lost to them before games even started, because of how dominant they were. I recall a few blowout wins later in the season and playoffs before beating Winnipeg in the GC
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Clash Dance wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:47 am
Hard to beat that 2011 team, especially after they turned it around, after the horrible start. Geroy Simon spoke at our company retreat in the spring after the Grey Cup win. He said in warm up, before a game against the Al's, one of their coaches (forget the name, but he was a college team mate of Geroy), came up to him and said take ut easy on us tonight. Geroy said opponents had lost to them before games even started, because of how dominant they were. I recall a few blowout wins later in the season and playoffs before beating Winnipeg in the GC
:whs:
Very well said. Who would have thought that the Lions would finish first in the west and then win convincingly in the WDF and Grey Cup with essentially blowout wins after the team started off with a 0-5 and then 1-6 records.

Unlike say the 1989 season in which the Lions also started off with 0-5, they managed to get back to 4-5 but then choked again for a terrible 7-11 season. I suppose the 2011 season was definitely the beter team compared to say, the 1994 and 2000 Lions which finished third in the west but managed to get the momentum at the end of the season to narrowly win their two playoff games and the GC.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Adams looking very tentative
MacNews
Team Captain

Are we going to give up a sack on every snap, or can we roll out Adams?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Lions better get their blocking sorted out or it is going to be a long game.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Evans in the game
MacNews
Team Captain

First play for Evans and he gets sacked. Maksymic better start searching in that playbook for the QB rollout.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Adams was in the tent for awhile. Came out and tried to ride the bike. He couldn't bend his left knee enough to get his foot on the pedal. He went back into the tent and came out again but didn't try to get back on the bike. He had something on his knee but not sure if it was a brace or ice pack. Tent is down but I don't see Adams. He may have gone to the locker room while I was typing.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Ouch. Caught the fake and then fumble.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

I guess the Riders must have put in a complaint on Rhymes being offside. Two calls so far.
Rammer
Team Captain

Flag fest now