Lions move business operations downtown

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

Honestly, you really have to question bclions decision to move business operations to downtown financial district.
Wouldn’t be better to get cheaper brownstone on Beatty with retail level. Which you would open up on game days as a team store.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Qman wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:22 pm
Honestly, you really have to question bclions decision to move business operations to downtown financial district.
Wouldn’t be better to get cheaper brownstone on Beatty with retail level. Which you would open up on game days as a team store.
Some of the reasoning might be that Doman is appearing to be a hands-on owner when it comes to the business side of the organization and their new downtown location is conveniently within a 3-1/2 block walk of the offices of Doman Building Materials and CanWel. If he chooses Amar can leave his office at Doman's and quickly pop into the Lions offices in a matter of a 7 or 8 minute walk.

With multiple team store locations in the stadium during games a brick and mortar location wouldn't make economic sense. Far less overhead involved in that and you have a somewhat captive market inside the stadium for at least 4 hours versus maybe 20 minutes outside the stadium.

For as much revenue as the Riders generated when they had up to 3 store fronts they didn't make a lot of money once the overhead of leases, staffing, cost of goods sold were deducted. They have since reduced their presence to their store at Mosaic and one location in Saskatoon where they used to have two. In their fiscal year ending March 31, 2023 they generated $3.873M in Merchandise Revenue with expenses of $3.380M for $493K in profit between 2 retail locations + their own online sales. That's nothing to sneeze but still isn't exactly earth shattering. In 2019 they generated $6.8M in revenue but netted only $400K.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Qman
Champion

It more that they need a presence downtown.
Just a physical location during the season you can buy gear.
Like a one of those 2 story brownstones on Betty that’s office space on top and retail on bottom. You could run business on top, and online / some retail during season, open it fully on game days as a store. When u you have 20000 buyers walking by.

Just some sort of presence. Most teams have team stores.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:30 pm
No biggie but I dont like that you have to use the website to purchase stuff.
Then you’re going to really hate Amazon :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:35 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:30 pm
No biggie but I dont like that you have to use the website to purchase stuff.
Then you’re going to really hate Amazon :wink:
I refuse to use it.

and I am still enjoying my big CRT television :)
Every day that passes is one you can't get back