Island Express & Interior Express

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Just saw this in a FB feed. With the six 4pm Saturday start times it was not a matter of if they did this but when. Lions have announced 6 game ST packages entitled Island Express and Interior Express. Like the 2022 WSF the Island Express will include game tickets and same day return bus transportation from the ferry terminals. The Interior Express will include game tickets and same day return bus transportation presumably from both Kamloops and Kelowna. There is pricing available for both Youth 17 and under and adults for all BC Place ticket categories.

https://3downnation.com/2023/03/13/lion ... -interior/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm waiting to see what options are available for season ticket holders to take the bus. I rode from Kamloops for the playoff game for $30, and would happily do that again, especially in dark late fall evenings. For the summer games I was planning to drive down and back myself, either taking a passenger or picking one up in the Valley. That round trip takes over $100 worth of gas.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

It would be sweet BCF if they were able to offer a seat on the bus for a reasonable amount for a long time ST holder. TBH unless the bus(es) are totally sold out one would think they'd be happy to get an extra $30 or $40 for a seat that would otherwise be empty.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:38 pm
It would be sweet BCF if they were able to offer a seat on the bus for a reasonable amount for a long time ST holder. TBH unless the bus(es) are totally sold out one would think they'd be happy to get an extra $30 or $40 for a seat that would otherwise be empty.
I think the Lions and the bus operator should take it a step further by marketing the bus trip to existing ST holders who would be likely to commit early because they already know they are going to the game. Then sell the rest of the seats including tickets.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:12 pm
Hambone wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:38 pm
I think the Lions and the bus operator should take it a step further by marketing the bus trip to existing ST holders who would be likely to commit early because they already know they are going to the game. Then sell the rest of the seats including tickets.
They will figure it out. It's something new. The club knows exactly how many ST holders they have in those areas. Given how forward thinking the club seems to be operating under Doman they likely are already thinking about how to accommodate their existing ST base on the island and Interior. The busses have to be planned around the number of STs they sell under this new offering. Once that is known they know what inventory of additional seats would be left over to fill the charters to capacity. First come first serve to ST holders or maybe they can add one extra bus on each offering for single game sales.