Doman not taking his foot off the gas - 2 day Backyard Party

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:47 pm
LL Cool J is actually a great pick. He’s not an artist that a lot of people in Vancouver would rush to see, but as an opening act for the home-opener he ticks a lot of boxes. He’s got big name recognition, he will be a great hype man for the Lions, and with only a short set list a lot of people will recognize his biggest hits. LL will be excellent “added value” that will make the home opener an EVENT (Vancouver is an event town) but he won’t overshadow the main event of the night. Nobody will be going to the game only to see LL Cool J and that’s important. It would be too easy to sell out the stadium by having Taylor Swift sing a few songs, but then what happens when a football game begins? I think a lot of people who would normally not attend an LL Cool J concert OR a BC LIons game will come away with positive experience with both.
I think so too and it seems Amar Doman knows these groups he pursues personally.

The other night as NCIS was starting as I walked into the family room I asked my wife as LL Cool J's name came on the screen if she knew who he was. Yes, she did which kind of surprised me.

However, how that connects to ticket sales is a mystery to me.

Z-Trip can rock a crowd so this should be a fun introduction to the first game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Ryan
All Star

Tickets in the upper deck now on sale per Ticketmaster site!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Ryan wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 pm
Tickets in the upper deck now on sale per Ticketmaster site!
Good eye. First 11 rows available for all sections except for sections 419 to 437.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Last year they didn't open the upper bowl until 3 days before the game and drew 34082. If I recall they started with 5 sections and kept opening up more. This year they have opened the first 11 rows of 36 sections and did so 10 days in advance.
David
Team Captain

Anyone know the lower bowl capacity with 224 and 230 (endzone) tarps? Still looks to be about 1,000 or less left in the lower bowl, but that capacity number may be 26K with the tarps. Still lots of great seats left in the upper bowl.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:45 pm
Anyone know the lower bowl capacity with 224 and 230 (endzone) tarps? Still looks to be about 1,000 or less left in the lower bowl, but that capacity number may be 26K with the tarps. Still lots of great seats left in the upper bowl.

I think each section holds about 500, so the lower bowl capacity would be about 26,000.

It looks like about half of the upper bowl sideline seats that have been opened (first 11 rows) are sold but most of the west corner and end zone seats are still available.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

David wrote:

Wiki whose accuracy is always subjective says lower bowl is 27695. That could include suite capacity. I just did a count of available lower bowl seats and came up with roughly 475. I didn't include the ones available as re-sale.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:43 am
David wrote:

Wiki whose accuracy is always subjective says lower bowl is 27695. That could include suite capacity. I just did a count of available lower bowl seats and came up with roughly 475. I didn't include the ones available as re-sale.
27695 is with ~800 foldout soccer seats. 26,800. Lions tarp out two sections for den (18+). You get just below 26 (which seems to be consensus here).
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:40 pm
27695 is with ~800 foldout soccer seats. 26,800. Lions tarp out two sections for den (18+). You get just below 26 (which seems to be consensus here).
Ah yes! Thanks. I forgot about those things. Only been to a soccer game there once........40 years ago.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

It's interesting looking at the Ticketmaster map today. Yesterday I counted around 350 lower bowl tickets available not counting the resale tickets. At least 300 were singles in the middle of the sections. There were a few pairs and 3s or 4s. Today all that remains in the lower bowl is the resale seats and 35 scattered singles in the club seating. No way all those lower bowl singles 8 and 9 seats off the aisle sold overnight given only around 75 lower bowl seats in the previous 24 hours. That leads me to believe they took them off the market to encourage sale of the upper bowl seats. Looks like roughly 2/3 of the upper bowl seats have sold or are not available with 48 hours to go.
David
Team Captain

I think you're right, Hambone. The club officially announced this morning that the Lower Bowl is SOLD OUT. What it really means is sold-out-ish. Why keep those singles on the TicketMaster map if they would have a hard time moving them?

Now, with scarcity of supply two days before the event, you can build demand for upper bowl tickets, which appear to be moving fairly well. The weather looks to be cooperating too. Mixture of sun and clouds forecast Saturday (with a chance of showers and 18 degrees for a high), so it will not be a day in which seemingly everyone in town heads to the beach or the lake as has been the case for the past month.

Probably won't hit One Republic numbers but won't be too far off either.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
almo89
Legend

I think it's smart on the Lions part to pull the single tickets out of the lower bowl to announce a sell out. That always sounds good and they have a couple more days to hype up sales for the upper bowl
SammyGreene
Team Captain

They are also quietly adding 1 or 2 of the upper deck middle sections as more tickets are sold.
almo89
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:53 am
They are also quietly adding 1 or 2 of the upper deck middle sections as more tickets are sold.
Good eye. Honestly if the upper deck was opened all year, I'd be getting those side like ones every game. Amazing value.

I love the 10 dollar tickets for kids they introduced last year. I wonder if they expanded it to 18 years and under how much would that help. Let's be honest, with inflation, working teens barely have enough money even if they stay with parents.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

The $5 beers (plural) is a bit of a misnomer. There is a $5 beer on the menu. Coors Light is $5. Everything else is Granville Island product Bomber size at $10. There's some non-beer alcoholic beverage options with one of them being available at $5.