WSF Calgary vs BC Nov 6

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It was a defensive game but the stats show Lions’ domination. Rourke was 22 of 30 for 321 yards and 2 TDs. Pipkin added 45 yards on the bomb to Hatcher as he was being tackled in the backfield. Butler had 20 carries for 95 yards. I’m not sold on Jake Maier as Calgary’s QB of the future. He was 12 of 22 for 138 yards before being pulled late in the fourth quarter. The Stamps looked a lot better when Mitchell came in.

Carey and Mills were held to 10 carries for 59 yards. So much for Calgary’s vaunted run game and B.C.’s suspect run defence. I never believed that narrative. The Lions were disrespected when Godber and Chungh had their all-star selections taken away and Calgary had three of their players selected. I have full respect for Calgary’s running gamr but Butler and the O-line have played well all year, and Godber and Chungh had by far their best seasons as Lions.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Rourke at 90% is better than most of the league's QB's at 100. A big shout out to Hollins today as well. Stepping in for Lucky Whitehead. We didn't really miss a beat with Whitehead out. This is a terrific group of receivers. They all have the possibility of being dangerous. We do hope that Cottoy gets some more looks. Seems under used.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

Seeing Whitehead with a walking boot on the sidelines, there goes his season. :sigh: "Chronic" or not (as Campbell labels it), I can't help but think his ankle injuries this season were mismanaged. Should have been given more recovery time.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Unlike the previous three home WSF games which resulted in very narrow win only to be demolished in the WDF against the Alberta opponent, this fourth home WSF was not a narrow win and will not be against an Alberta opponent so let the WDF not be a demolishion of the Lions.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Lions coaching staff schooled the Stamps
Have to agree. What the hell was Dickey thinking, kicking a field goal on 3rd down at the BC 17, down 20-6 with just over 8 mins left in the ball game?? 20-9 is still a two-score game.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Walt67
Starter

David wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:36 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Lions coaching staff schooled the Stamps
Have to agree. What the hell was Dickey thinking, kicking a field goal on 3rd down at the BC 17, down 20-6 with just over 8 mins left in the ball game?? 20-9 is still a two-score game.

Yeah, I thought that was a strange call. Earlier the third down gamble with a deep pitch to the crossing runner also exploded in their face. I actually thought Calgary was going to run even more than they did.
MacNews
Team Captain

David wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:32 pm
Seeing Whitehead with a walking boot on the sidelines, there goes his season. :sigh: "Chronic" or not (as Campbell labels it), I can't help but think his ankle injuries this season were mismanaged. Should have been given more recovery time.

Why play Whitehead when we had already clinched the semi?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Shout out to Keon Hatcher, who led all receivers with 8 catches for 162 yards and a TD. He has played three positions this year, starting as field WR, replacing Bryan Burnham as boundary slot during his two injury stints and replacing Lucky Whitehead as boundary WR today. He has excelled at all of them, become a favourite target of all B.C. QBs and had a 1.000 yard season as a second-year player. He has done it all.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

MacNews wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:01 pm
David wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:32 pm

Why play Whitehead when we had already clinched the semi?
Maybe that was for the best. If his ankle issue is "chronic" and unable to stand up maybe it's better to find out in that meaningless season finale than in the first half of the WSF.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Tough decision in the off-season. Hollins is younger, cheaper, and potentially just as dangerous. If Whitehead's ankle injury is indeed chronic, then that's a lot of money to tie up.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:01 pm
Tough decision in the off-season. Hollins is younger, cheaper, and potentially just as dangerous. If Whitehead's ankle injury is indeed chronic, then that's a lot of money to tie up.

Hey, I just bought a Whitehead jersey as Christmas gift. Are you trying to pass your jinx history to me? :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Was at a restaurant following the game for a celebratory dinner, people were asking if I was at the game. Said they watched it on television and were happy, happy
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:07 pm
David wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Hey, I just bought a Whitehead jersey as Christmas gift. Are you trying to pass your jinx history to me? :wink:
:rotf: I hope not, B.C.FAN. I wouldn't wish my bad jersey purchase luck on anyone.

BTW, really cool to hear some of the players like David Menard give a shout-out to the fans on the post-game show. Said he's been a part of many CFL games but that was the most electric atmosphere he's played in. He added that it gave him goosebumps at the start of the game. You can't tell me there's no such thing as "dome field advantage" when you get 30K+ in that building.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No doubt the noise was piped in.😂😂
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Great atmosphere at the game and nice to see a good crowd and into the game.

It was impressive what BC 's rejigged O-Line did and how well the DEF played against the run and the Maier passing.

I agree that BC out coached as well today.

If you look at the playbook Lapolice was showing in the pre-game for before the East semi-final, Calgary didn't run all those plays that they did in the last two games versus the Riders.

The slow start for BC on offence seemed to coincide with Rourke just standing there for commercials when BC was on the field in the 1st-2nd Quarters.

Bo Levi Mitchell make a difference when he came in and possibly given how Maier was something like 5 and 15 on 2nd down conversions, the change might have been better earlier for the Stamps. It was classy post game to see Lions all congratulating BLM and a ton of hugs as he played his last game for Calgary.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy