Lions vs. Bombers Oct. 15, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:32 am
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:02 am
The fact that they were facing a bunch of 2nd stringers and still struggled to put the game away made if feel that really it was a loss. Had they been facing a competent, fully rostered Blue Bombers, this game wouldn't have been a W.
What seems to be lost in this 'Winnipeg played lots of back-ups' (eleven, I believe) narrative is that we played with a lot of 2nd stringers too due to injury.

Rourke
Whitehead
Burnham
Gwacham
Mackie
Norman
Banks
Breaux/Edwards-Cooper

DH :cool:
I concede our injuries but we have no control over that. The Bombers on the other hand were playing a much weaker version of themselves by choice. They handicapped themselves and even so, if their kicker had played better, if their QB hadn't made two atrociously damaging mistakes that turned into TD's for us, this would have been an L. Hence that's why I posted that if felt like an "L". We'll take the points for sure but I can't feel a lot of joy in it. More like we escaped with a W in our own building despite our best efforts.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:56 am
They handicapped themselves and even so, if their kicker had played better,
I don't know that Leigghio played all that poorly. He did miss one makeable kick. As for the other 2 O'Shea admitted after the game that they had determined a range for Leigghio for the game then asked him to make 2 kicks from outside that range. I never saw the "from behind" view but both looked to be heading between the uprights but came up just a bit short.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:56 am
They handicapped themselves and even so, if their kicker had played better,
I don't know that Leigghio played all that poorly. He did miss one makeable kick. As for the other 2 O'Shea admitted after the game that they had determined a range for Leigghio for the game then asked him to make 2 kicks from outside that range. I never saw the "from behind" view but both looked to be heading between the uprights but came up just a bit short.
Yes, the 52- and 53-yarders were both on target but short. Liegghio’s 45-yard attempt was wide. O’Shea has miscalculated the dead air in B.C. Place before, asking Justin Medlock to attempt a potential 61-yard game winner in the 2016 WSF. Medlock had a strong leg but his kick came up well short.
zeppo
Starter

David wrote:

What seems to be lost in this 'Winnipeg played lots of back-ups' (eleven, I believe) narrative is that we played with a lot of 2nd stringers too due to injury.

Rourke
Whitehead
Burnham
Gwacham
Mackie
Norman
Banks
Breaux/Edwards-Cooper

Plus Ben Hladick left the game due to injury and did not return in the second half.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

zeppo wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:06 pm
David wrote:

Rourke
Whitehead
Burnham
Gwacham
Mackie
Norman
Banks
Breaux/Edwards-Cooper

Plus Ben Hladick left the game due to injury and did not return in the second half.
And Dominique Rhymes left the game injured after making a catch in the fourth quarter. That promising drive stalled when VA's pass for Rhymes' replacement, Daniel Petermann, was knocked down at the Winnipeg 13.