Rourke is back

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It’s official. Rourke will start and is expected to play the first quarter.

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It makes sense to give Rourke the start versus come in later but why tell them it's in that order?

It's an away game that won't change standings and no doubt the Bombers will start Collaros as the Western Final is a ways off.
It sure looked to me that Collaros late in the game at BC Place looked like he was expecting to play in that last quarter but as the back up moved the ball well, he sat the balance out.

I'm thinking that only because we were in the corner behind the Bombers bench amongst the Bomber fans and all of a sudden the invisible Collaros was at the end zone of the Bombers looking poised for a call.

Let's hope that injury is fully healed for Rourke as I can't see him not being able to pick up close to where he left off as he was so consistent before injury. He's a very special talent the likes of which I haven't seen in the CFL given what he did early on.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Pratzy
prospect

I hope they just let him get the rust off so he is sharp against Calgary. Let VA handle most of the load against Winnipeg. And depending how Nathan looks against Calgary, maybe we have a two headed quarterback to keep their defense off balance.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Pratzy wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:09 pm
I hope they just let him get the rust off so he is sharp against Calgary. Let VA handle most of the load against Winnipeg. And depending how Nathan looks against Calgary, maybe we have a two headed quarterback to keep their defense off balance.
If they were thinking like this, I'd have thought they'd have done that more with Adams and Pipkin.

I know non-season tickets aren't available until Oct. 27 but this is crazy.

Clicked buy tickets and I got the Bombers ticket site.

https://www.bclions.com/western-semis/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I’m really interested to see what the Lions do with their line-up given it’s still a mean nothing game and they haven’t had a bye week since Labour Day.

The o-line has 3 starters that have played all 17 games and that’s where O’Shea made his biggest changes against BC 2 weeks ago.

But surely you can’t put a patched up o-line in front of Rourke for his 1 quarter against that defence? They usually dress just 1 additional o-lineman as well. Purifoy, Peters and Betts are strong candidates to sit on defence
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sounds like Norman who has missed the last 2 is ready to go. I can see him drawing back in with Broxton who has been next man up backup tackle sliding over to give Figueroa the night off. I could also see Godber, Chungh and Peirsen splitting the C and RG reps 3 ways and suiting up Zerr as the 7th OL to take some reps.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Pratzy
prospect

Especially with Rourke playing at least 1 quarter, they better dress a good O Line
squishy35
Legend

Rourke will likely be playing in the pocket a lot which is going to present a bit of a challenge to him and the O-line. Look for a number of passes in flat and screen plays.