O'Connor's status?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OV:54-40
Starter

almo89 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:08 pm
Just heard Farhan talk on Donnie and Dhali. He said Pipkin will start and Adams will back up. What happened to O'Connor?
I'll wager O'Connor is done for anymore meaningful playing time at QB, unless Rourke returns and he would be the back-up to stay with the 7 only plan - able to go in for Rourke if an in game injury happened, or for mop-up or relief duty or some special package.

And CFL team depth charts are not always real accurate - more a sort of guide to who might line-up where. Cherry is listed as the only guy at one DT spot, but I'll bet we see Menard playing inside some or one of other DEs even; CFL DCs have been pulling this lately - lining up a DE inside for a different look; and little worry about teams responding with attacking with some ground game.
CrazyCanuck89
Starter

OV:54-40 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:16 pm
almo89 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:08 pm
Just heard Farhan talk on Donnie and Dhali. He said Pipkin will start and Adams will back up. What happened to O'Connor?
I'll wager O'Connor is done for anymore meaningful playing time at QB, unless Rourke returns and he would be the back-up to stay with the 7 only plan - able to go in for Rourke if an in game injury happened, or for mop-up or relief duty or some special package.

And CFL team depth charts are not always real accurate - more a sort of guide to who might line-up where. Cherry is listed as the only guy at one DT spot, but I'll bet we see Menard playing inside some or one of other DEs even; CFL DCs have been pulling this lately - lining up a DE inside for a different look; and little worry about teams responding with attacking with some ground game.
Dline is a whole diffrent thing when it comes to a depth chart. It's probably the most rotated position group in football.

I do expect O'Connor to see some playing time, once he's healed and if Pipkin and Adams are showing nothing in games. The only reason he is number 3 on the depth chart is due to the injury.