The Curse of Nanook!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Foxhound
Starter

​It's now been just over two years since the once proud Edmonton Football Club turned its back on the beloved people of the great god Nanook. In his extreme anguish at this sordid betrayal, Nanook decreed that the Edmonton Football Club would triumph no more within his domains (which evidently extend down into central Alberta).

And so it's been. The Edmonton Elks have now lost thirteen straight at home where they haven't won a game since they were the Eskimos.​

:wag:
Radically Canadian!
Walt67
Starter

Well, my better half loves the "Elks" nickname but after the latest loss to Ottawa I was saying that perhaps a name change could be in the offing given the truly awful record the once-mighty Edmonton franchise has fallen to since the name change. Mind you, always recalling the powerhouse Eskimos giving Lui Passaglia a frozen football to punt in the playoffs - while Dave Cutler had a regular ball - I don't feel sorry for the green and gold.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

City of Chumps - Elkimos and Coilers
almo89
Legend

I've seen quite a few people blame the name change as a reason the attendance is so low. I blame it on having a terrible team and playing in a stadium that is more cavernous than BC Place.
tedbear
Starter

It's more fun to believe in the curse. lol
Foxhound
Starter

I posted this thread hoping to spark discussion about the glory of the mighty Nanook. I didn't want it to simply degenerate into a partisan vehicle for bashing Edmonton sports teams. I'm with Nanook and the other gods and patriotic Canadians who hold this country and its distinctive sporting culture dear.

So is there anything this newfangled Elks team can do now to appease Nanook? Is there any chance the mighty one could lift his curse in the foreseeable future?

:juggle:
Radically Canadian!