Lions at Riders Aug. 19, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have activated rookie Shane Wynn as a kick returner and backup WR for Friday's game in Regina. They are also healthier than they were last week in Calgary. James Butler is back in the lineup at running back, sending Bruce Anderson back to the practice roster. Loucheiz Purifoy will start at safety for the second time. Rookie Manny Rugamba remains at SAM linebacker for a second straight game. Second-round draft pick Noah Zerr is activated for the first time as a seventh offensive lineman. WR Shai Ross moves to the 1-game injured list.
Lions' roster and depth chart
squishy35
Legend

Riders have Marino and Leonard back so their pass rush should be improved.
They are still questionable on the O line as they cut Na'Ty Rodgers due to the amount of penalties he took.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

With Marino back I sure wish the Lions would consider Pipkin or O’Connor for those short yardage sneaks. Is that good wear and tear on your franchise player anyways?
I get it Rourke is definitely the best option but I guess we hold our breaths for the next two games.
squishy35
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:59 am
With Marino back I sure wish the Lions would consider Pipkin or O’Connor for those short yardage sneaks. Is that good wear and tear on your franchise player anyways?
I get it Rourke is definitely the best option but I guess we hold our breaths for the next two games.
I'm hoping that the time Marino spent in the detention room, along with lost revenue a la paycheck, will have him thinking twice about injuring another QB as it would likely mean his season would be done.
Grandma Lion
prospect

I will be at Mosaic for the game tomorrow night. Going with a friend (Rider fan). Have already warned her that if Marino hurts Roarke, she is walking back from Regina to Saskatoon. LOL
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

With the return of Robertson, Leonard and Marino and pretty much their entire D being healthy the Riders defense is as formidable as BC has faced this season.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
almo89
Legend

Another big test for Rourke. Will he be able to handle one of the better pass rushes in the league.
swervynmerv
Legend

Hopefully the Lions can get off to a quick start. The Riders feed off the emotion of the crowd and even when they are an average team, they can score in bunches as weird things and breaks always seem to go their way at home.

BC has a history of starting slow and not playing well at Mosaic(old and new) even in the Wally "glory" years.
Walt67
Starter

swervynmerv wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:58 pm
Hopefully the Lions can get off to a quick start. The Riders feed off the emotion of the crowd and even when they are an average team, they can score in bunches as weird things and breaks always seem to go their way at home.

BC has a history of starting slow and not playing well at Mosaic(old and new) even in the Wally "glory" years.
Agree - Lions started very slow against the Stamps, and didn't look great in the first two series against the Elks here until the team caught fire.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Playing in Saskatchewan is a crapshoot at best. Here's hoping to getting off to a fast start.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Impressive opening drive
almo89
Legend

Great start!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Yes! Save Rourke from those sneaks. What a drive!!!
swervynmerv
Legend

That's the start I wanted!
KnightofCydonia
Starter

Great first start. Rourke already looks dialed in.