Lions at Saskatchewan July 29, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

B.C. linebackers Jordan Williams and Ben Hladik have swapped positions on the depth chart for Friday's game, with Williams listed at weakside linebacker for the first time and Hladik as middle linebacker. Both positions are similar in that they're primarily inside linebackers but the weakside backer often has more coverage responsibilities so that may be an attempt to capitalize on Williams' speed.

The only other change on the roster is the return of rotational DE Sione Teuhema. Miles Fox, who got his first action as backup nose tackle against Hamilton, has been moved to the 1-game injured list. The Lions still have 10 defensive linemen on the game roster. Rookie draft pick Joshua Archibald doesn't show on the depth chart but is listed on the roster.

Shai Ross reportedly is healthy this week and is expected to take most reps as a returner. He was dressed but didn't play at all against Hamilton. Jacob Scarfone is still listed as starting WR. He wasn't targeted last week in his first start and has no catches this year. He caught only 6 of 16 targets in his first year as a Lion in 2021.

Lions roster and depth chart
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

You beat me to it BCF.

What I read into the flipping of Williams and Hladik is that Hladik, who is more of a MAC type, has some shortcomings to play outside. He may struggle some with the pass coverage responsibilities. To be honest I was surprised Messam didn't get the call on that one after Bo went down. So move Williams outside as being better in coverage and move Hladik inside where he may be more comfortable. I'd noticed later on in the Hamilton game they seemed to have flipped the two.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Not exactly thrilled they are going back to Scarfone again this week when he wasn't thrown to once against the Tiger-Cats. This is hardly a cakewalk going into a stadium where we haven't won since 2016. I'm guessing he is still considered a better option than Alexander Hollins? Why not give him a look since Burnham is expected to return next week.
I much rather see Rourke have 5 legitimate targets on the field and lord help us if Lucky, Hatcher or Rhymes get dinged. Burnham/Pearson's roster spot has gone Omar Fortt for the 2nd straight week even though we have plenty of depth already at LB.
Pratzy
prospect

On paper this game appears one sided. However this game is going to be a season defining moment.
David
Team Captain

This will be the biggest test yet for our offensive line which has been largely overlooked in the 4-1 turnaround this season, giving up a league-low four sacks. Saskatchewan brings a lot of heat, even without Marino. I would expect Rourke to use his feet a bit more this game, some by design and some by necessity.

Hamilton also has a strong defensive line, against whom we gave up just a single sack last week, while Montreal gave up five yesterday, to add some perspective.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
swervynmerv
Legend

Pratzy wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:36 am
On paper this game appears one sided. However this game is going to be a season defining moment.
Even in the years when the Lions are a top team, they have had trouble winning in Regina. I think their last win in Riderville was 2016.

They should be due and would sure be nice to see an old fashioned butt kicking !
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not a good start
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders defensive line dominating our o-linè
swervynmerv
Legend

I don't know that the Lions do but they stink every time they come to Regina but as a Lions fan in Sask I'm really getting tired of it
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Horrible start. So much for this much improved offensive line. Burned twice and counting.
swervynmerv
Legend

8 losses in a row against the Riders according to TSN😡😡
almo89
Legend

Defense just looks horrible right now
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Disaster at Mosiac unfolding yet again. How much has this Lions team regressed since the Winnipeg game?
swervynmerv
Legend

Lions making Fajardo look like Doug Flutie right now. Absolute embarrassment
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So we apparently decided to play stupid today.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.