De Anthony signing

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Reg18
Starter

He looks like a great addition.after 6 years on the NFL he may want to play for the love of the game. Like Doug flutie.be interesting to watch. He is probably a millionaire so his success here will be determined by how he manages to get along with his teammates. If he's welcomed by his teammates he might be a huge adition
squishy35
Legend

Reg18 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am
He looks like a great addition.after 6 years on the NFL he may want to play for the love of the game. Like Doug flutie.be interesting to watch. He is probably a millionaire so his success here will be determined by how he manages to get along with his teammates. If he's welcomed by his teammates he might be a huge adition
I for one am looking forward to watching him in TC. The large Canadian field may prove to be a huge advantage for his speed and abilities.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Training camp roster out and no sign of De Anthony. Thought he was honouring his CFL contract?

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/w ... -Chart.pdf
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:17 pm
Training camp roster out and no sign of De Anthony. Thought he was honouring his CFL contract?

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/w ... -Chart.pdf
He’s listed on the alphabetical training camp roster but not the positional roster.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Interestingly, for what it's worth, De'Anthony Thomas is the lone player out of the entire lot without a jersey number listed.
Side note re the lists; I noticed OL Noah Zerr's name was nowhere to be found. He'll be in NYC for a bit yet, I assume, as apparently the Giants' rookie mini-camp starts this Friday.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:32 am
Interestingly, for what it's worth, De'Anthony Thomas is the lone player out of the entire lot without a jersey number listed.
Side note re the lists; I noticed OL Noah Zerr's name was nowhere to be found. He'll be in NYC for a bit yet, I assume, as apparently the Giants' rookie mini-camp starts this Friday.
Typically you don't see drafted players listed on the rosters until they have signed a contract. Archibald and Varga seem to contradict that theory though. The Lions have announced they've signed 7 of their 9 picks with Zerr and Metchie being the exceptions. 5 of those 7 with the exceptions of Archibald and Varga are listed on BC's roster. Varga is known to be returning to U of S to finish his degree but can still participate at training camp as long as he's under contract. It could be as simple as the contracts of those two haven't yet been processed at CFL HO which will be slammed with a flurry of new contracts to register in the past couple of days.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.