2022 Schedule Released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

https://www.bclions.com/2021/12/16/2022 ... e-is-here/

A bit different than we've been accustomed to.

Season opens at home vs Edmonton Sat Jun 11
Lions finish off with 2 road games. Last home game is Oct 15 vs Winnipeg

6 Saturdays - 1 4pm start vs Wpg July 9th
2 Fridays - start times 7:30
1 Thursday

6 games prior to Labour Day.
Slight modification to divisional play. 6 vs East and 12 vs West. They play all 4 West rivals 3 times. They play Ott and Tor twice but Mtl (road) Ham (home) only once.
Last edited by Hambone on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Nice to see Saturday as the favourable home day. Heading downtown for Friday night games can be a major hassle. Don't mind the heavy ended summer schedule either given the last couple of seasons we have finished with almost meaningless division games.
Full schedule:
Pre-Season
Sat. May 28 BC at Calgary (1 p.m.)
Fri. June 3 Sask at BC (7 p.m.)
Regular Season
Week 1
Sat. June 11 Edmonton at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 2
Bye
Week 3
Sat. June 25 Toronto at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 4
Thurs June 30 B.C. at Ottawa (4:30 p.m.)
Week 5
Sat. July 9 Winnipeg at B.C. (4 p.m.)
Week 6
Bye
Week 7
Thurs July 21 Hamilton at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 8
Fri July 29 B.C. at Sask (6 p.m.)
Week 9
Sat Aug 6 Edmonton at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 10
Sat. Aug 13 B.C. at Calgary (4 p.m.)
Week 11
Fri Aug 19 B.C. at Sask (7 p.m.)
Week 12
Fri Aug 26 Sask at B.C. (7:30 p.m.)
Week 13
Bye
Week 14
Fri Sept 9 B.C. at Montreal (4:30 p.m.)
Week 15
Sat Sept 17 B.C. at Calgary (4 p.m.)
Week 16
Sat Sept 24
Calgary at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 17
Friday, Sept 30 Ottawa at B.C. (7:30 pm.)
Week 18
Sat. Oct 8 B.C. at Toronto (1 p.m.)
Week 19
Sat. Oct. 15 Winnipeg at B.C. (7 p.m.)
Week 20
Friday Oct. 21 B.C. at Edmonton (6:30 p.m.)
Week 21
Friday, Oct. 28 B.C. at Winnipeg (5:30 p.m.)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I’m not in favour of the summer-heavy schedule but this is about as good as can be expected under the circumstances. And it may help those of us who travel from the Interior to home games. I drove down from Kamloops on Nov. 12 to attend the back-to-back home games at the end of this season and I haven’t made it home yet.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:46 am
I’m not in favour of the summer-heavy schedule but this is about as good as can be expected under the circumstances. And it may help those of us who travel from the Interior to home games. I drove down from Kamloops on Nov. 12 to attend the back-to-back home games at the end of this season and I haven’t made it home yet.
In case you haven't heard: they are opening the Coquihalla hwy to commercial and essential travel on Mon. Dec 20 (a month ahead of original estimates) and 24 hours later hwy 99 and hwy 3 will be open to NON essential travel.

I am leaving Victoria on Jan. 1 to head to Sun Peaks for the winter and I have already bought health & travel insurance for a planned detour thru Washington. I should be able to get a refund.
David
Team Captain

Only one regular-season home game against the Roughriders? :sigh:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:46 am
Lol. I drove down from PG on the 11th for the same purpose of catching the back-to-backs while sneaking in a trip back home to the island. Since the Nov 19th game I've driven back to PG, flown back east for the Grey Cup and am now in Mazatlan. About an hour before they announced on Nov 20th that 99 from Pemberton to Lillooet would reopen for essential travel I bought a ticket for the Canucks game on Nov 21st. As it turned out I could have driven back home on the Saturday Nov 20th. Other PG friends drove back home to PG on 99 that day. I went through no problems on the 22nd. Traffic was very light making for a much faster trip than I'd normally experience earlier in the year. Only had to deal with some snowy conditions from around Joffre Lake trails to the north end of Duffy Lake.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
tedbear
Starter

Looks like the CFL didn't do us any favors giving us 3 bye weeks in the first 10 games. Our last Bye comes on Labour Day weekend. We then play 8 straight weeks to close out the season. If we are fortunate enough to make the playoffs we could be a pretty beaten up and battered team going into them.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:53 pm
Only one regular-season home game against the Roughriders? :sigh:

DH :cool:
Plus a preseason game, which should help draw
some green jerseys to B.C. Place.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think the 7pm Sat. games are great way of appealing to a younger crowd who would make a night out in downtown: a Lions game, and at 10pm when the game is over, the night is young and the pubs, bars, live music are all there and waiting.
PGSSS74
Rookie

Saturday is a much better day to travel in from the 'burbs, than a Friday evening. One little cardboard box on a major road, and you are hooped for hours as people "looky loo" at it, in all lanes, at 20km.