Elks at BC Nov 19

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PGSSS74
Rookie

QB Nathan will start. Rourke has completed 29-of-48 pass attempts for 395 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions while rushing 11 times for 77 yards and two scores this year.

Reilly doesn't need to improve his 2021 stats; most every close up of him after a play appeared to show him in pain(s) of some kind.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I’ve been looking forward to seeing more of Rourke. This will be a good opportunity for him to develop. Rick Campbell confirmed that Michael Reilly is still hampered by the elbow injury that has restricted his throwing since training camp. Considering the limitations of his injury, he has had an outstanding season.

https://www.bclions.com/2021/11/15/nath ... on-finale/
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The last few times that the Lions have played a playoff game it has been a blowout so the best part of missing the playoffs is Rourke getting the start in the final game and no embarrassing playoff loss.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

We will get a chance to see the kid get some more playing time in a meaningless game so he won’t have any pressure on his shoulders. I expect him to play much better than his first start where the pressure of a season opener was on him.
David
Team Captain

David Braley to be honoured on Wall of Fame. Interesting tweet by his son.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I'd hope that turns out to be a very bad oversight that will immediately be corrected. If not Rob Braley's "classless" comment is a bigtime understatement. I may be more disappointed in this than in the team's performance this year.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Is there some sort of dispute between Doman and Braley's family because it seems very bizarre to not invite David Braley's family to a ceremony honouring the former Lions owner. Even if there is some sort of friction between the Domans and the Braleys, setting aside any disagreement or differences for the duration of the event would be appropriate.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Edmonton’s 13-7 victory over the Argos tonight breaks the Elks’ 8-game losing streak and gives them a chance to overtake B.C. for fourth place with another victory on Friday. Edmonton’s first victory was a 21-16 win at B.C. Place on Aug. 19.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton will be a battered and tired team when they face the Lions. It will be their 3rd game in a week. BC should win this one.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

With the QB change already known I wonder how much like a preseason game BC will play it. They and the Elks will both be allowed to suit up 5 extra players. I think we'll see many starters giving up significant reps to new faces.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:58 pm
With the QB change already known I wonder how much like a preseason game BC will play it. They and the Elks will both be allowed to suit up 5 extra players. I think we'll see many starters giving up significant reps to new faces.
I know the Elks get 5 extra players as part of the make-up schedule, but do the Lions get 5 extra as well for competitive balance?

I'd actually like to see the CFL allow for expanded rosters once a team is eliminated from the playoffs in order give PR guys a chance to get game action without having to scratch regular roster players.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:05 pm
I'd hope that turns out to be a very bad oversight that will immediately be corrected. If not Rob Braley's "classless" comment is a bigtime understatement. I may be more disappointed in this than in the team's performance this year.
Agreed. It can happen though. When my father retired as CEO of a large construction company after many years, they forgot to invite his family which included his wife and myself and then partner to his retirement send off. It was awkward to say the least. It was an oversight but a very bad one.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

We already know that Nathan Rourke is starting at QB. Michael Reilly, Bo Lokombo and J.R. Tavai didn’t practise at all this week due to injuries. T.J. Lee and Joel Figueroa were limited participants on Tuesday and Wednesday. I’d be surprised if we see any of them on Friday.

https://www.bclions.com/injuryreport/
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Really hoping the Lions activate punter Jake Ford. #1 overall pick in the International Draft that was benched at the same time Yamasaki and has been on the practice roster since. Ford never did get a chance to kick at BC Place.

Flintoft has been good but the Lions really need to figure out their kicking duties for 2022. There is no way they can keep burning 2 American roster spots. Ford at least utilizes an international spot and the fact two teams (Riders/Tiger-cats) are using international punters is an advantage BC should have too given they thought Ford was the best player available.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm
Hambone wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:58 pm
I know the Elks get 5 extra players as part of the make-up schedule, but do the Lions get 5 extra as well for competitive balance?

I'd actually like to see the CFL allow for expanded rosters once a team is eliminated from the playoffs in order give PR guys a chance to get game action without having to scratch regular roster players.
Yes the Lions get to dress 5 extras as did the Argos in Tuesday. Whatever games the Elks were allowed to dress extras in this condensed schedule their opponents were allowed the same. Otherwise Edmonton would enjoy a distinct advantage.