Calgary at BC Nov 12 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:35 pm
Reilly 340 yards on 30/37 (81.1%). Any one that tries to blame him for this loss is an idiot.

When was the last time the league’s leading passer missed the playoffs? It’s about to happen.

Lions defence too pourous tonight as usual but at least a competitive game
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

why dont coaches teach, and I mean drill it into, players how to not get penalties on special teams. The frequency that it happens is astonishing.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

9-24 over the last 2 seasons. That's pretty good.
Last edited by Lion Guy on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:38 pm
Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:36 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:33 pm
He's short. Reach out with the ball damn it.
How do you reach the ball out when you are lowering your shoulder trying to get through a defender?
When your short, you need every inch. He tucked it and came up short might just as well fumble it. At least you have a chance of your guy falling on it.
And some how a player should know that while running with it? How does he extend with his shoulder down into a defender? Reaching it out would lose leverage and we would have been even more short.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

Lion Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 pm
9-20 over the last 2 seasons. That's pretty good.
I will say it until I am blue in the face, this team will not have a winning season while they are as bad as they are in the trenches. Zero pressure on defense and zero running game all season.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

KnowItAll wrote:
why dont coaches teach, and I mean drill it into, players how to not get penalties on special teams. The frequency that it happens is astonishing.
Agree 100 percent. Special teams penalties can make or break a game. Field position is everything and stupid penalties can absolutely destroy a game.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:42 pm
Lion Guy wrote:
I will say it until I am blue in the face, this team will not have a winning season while they are as bad as they are in the trenches. Zero pressure on defense and zero running game all season.
Sorry 9-24. No D or O line for years now.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

SammyGreene wrote:
Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:35 pm
Reilly 340 yards on 30/37 (81.1%). Any one that tries to blame him for this loss is an idiot.

When was the last time the league’s leading passer missed the playoffs? It’s about to happen.

Lions defence too pourous tonight as usual but at least a competitive game
Probably the last time the leading passer is on a team with zero rushing game. When was the last time we had a dangerous running game?
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

Lion Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:44 pm
Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Sorry 9-24. No D or O line for years now.
I feel bad for our defensive backs and LBs because I feel like they were above average this year, but our defensive line got zero pressure and allowed teams to run all over us.
tedbear
Starter

Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
Well said too many holding penalties again today, not able to block the 3 man rush at the end of the game and not enough of sustained pressure on the opposing quarterback. If we improve those two areas and improve our kicking game we will be a solid team.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:41 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:38 pm
Luck1sOnOurSid3 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:36 pm

How do you reach the ball out when you are lowering your shoulder trying to get through a defender?
When your short, you need every inch. He tucked it and came up short might just as well fumble it. At least you have a chance of your guy falling on it.
And some how a player should know that while running with it? How does he extend with his shoulder down into a defender? Reaching it out would lose leverage and we would have been even more short.
From a seasoned QB with Reilly's exp. Absolutely he should know exactly where the ball needs to be in a situation like that. He took too long deciding to run for it and when he did, he came up short. We can dance around it all night and in the end this one play doesn't really matter. It has been a whole season of missed opportunities, bad decisions and while that isn't all on Reilly, he is top guy on this team and as previously mentioned 9-20 over the last 2 seasons. I like the person but I can't see how we bring him back at that level of pay. His age, his wear and tear simply don't support that decision.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:58 pm
So they give up the lead at the half because they can't make a change to punt formation cleanly.
Jumping in late on this one as I just got out of the stadium. I need to see a replay of that again. I watched 2 Lions sprint to the sidelines directly towards me. Looked to me like they got to the sidelines in time. How the 2 zebras down near the goal line 60 yards away as the crow flies could determine they didn't get off in time is beyond me.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:58 pm
So they give up the lead at the half because they can't make a change to punt formation cleanly.
Jumping in late on this one as I just got out of the stadium. I need to see a replay of that again. I watched 2 Lions sprint to the sidelines directly towards me. Looked to me like they got to the sidelines in time. How the 2 zebras down near the goal line 60 yards away as the crow flies could determine they didn't get off in time is beyond me.
And the question was raised why didn't Campbell call a time out? Maybe it was a weak call, we didn't really see it on the screen but there were a few weak calls that even commentators seemingly thought were questionable this game. But it was what it was, another mismanaged moment that later came back to kick us in the butt. The outcome might have been the same but bad enough defeating the other team, even worse defeating yourself which the Lions did all too much of today.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lions now 1-8 against the West. Haven’t beaten a division opponent at home since Oct 2018. Ugly! Really ugly!
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Reilly is a good QB. His stats are actually quite stellar. But it just doesn't seem to be working here.
His time here reminds me of Messier as a Canuck. Good player, but team as a whole is broken and, alas, neither has played a playoff game. If I was Doman, Campbell would be gone tomorrow (he is a hesitant coach, deer in headlights much of the time, passive and, most egregiously, son of Hugh Campbell, Lime and Mustard mortal enemy of the Leos), Reilly contract would be renegotiated so he becomes A1/A2 QB/co-coach and mentors Rourke, who is groomed for starter position next year because the kid is good.
I find a dependable kicker and pay well. I revamp O-Line and hire a new OC, and Travis Lulay comes to mind (if he can break away from his family's financial services firm in Oregon), as does Geroy.
The past decade has been a test of a fan and, quite frankly, we should all be sick to death of this *poop*. There are nine teams in the league. It needn't be this hard.
I like what I hear from Doman. Let's see some bold moves and innovative change.