Lions trade Castillo to Bombers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-blue-bomber ... -1.1708430
The team reacquired kicker Sergio Castillo from the BC Lions in exchange for a conditional 2022 fourth-round draft pick.
Why didn't the Lions keep him? Better than our current kicker.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I like Castillo but I don’t think he was a available when the Lions brought in Jimmy Camacho. Both have been excellent kickers in their time in the CFL. Camacho has made 14 of 16 field goals this year (87.5%). Castillo’s CFL career average is 87.0%. Castillo may have a stronger leg. His career long is 57 yards while Camacho has yet to attempt a kick beyond 49 yards. Canacho’s longest field goal at Fresno State was 50 yards.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Echoing BCF I think if Castillo was willing to return to the Lions when Yamasaki was making like "5 O'Clock Charlie" on the early M*A*S*H* episodes BC would have gladly signed him then. He was probably still hoping to find an NFL gig then so we wound up with Camacho who has been pretty good.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
maxlion
Legend

The advantage of Castillo is that he can punt pretty well too. Jimmy Comacho has the better name.

I guess the team is pretty happy with Comacho and Flintoft and doesn't want to mess with a good thing at this time of year.