Lions Website

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If the Lions want to be relevant in the local sports market and wish to attract new fans, they should start acting like a professional team. I emailed my ticket rep last Sunday asking if the seats besides me are available for single seat tickets. To date, no response. Tried calling the Lions. No numbers listed on their website. The website is so outdated. For example, it still list Mark D'Angelo as a sales rep. He left 6 months ago to go back to teaching. If fans have to jump through 12 hoops to talk to someone, they will leave.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Strange. Mark was my old rep. The new one Pierre contacted me at least 3 or 4 months ago to let me know he was my new rep and has been constantly in contact over many things.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:26 pm
Strange. Mark was my old rep. The new one Pierre contacted me at least 3 or 4 months ago to let me know he was my new rep and has been constantly in contact over many things.
Same.
David
Team Captain

We have Michelle. She is awesome.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Well I called the Lions this morning and got the message that they are experiencing heavier than normal calls yada yada yada. Left a message. Naturally haven't heard back.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 pm
Well I called the Lions this morning and got the message that they are experiencing heavier than normal calls yada yada yada. Left a message. Naturally haven't heard back.
I would expect they are given they are likely fielding a ton of call related to Covid protocols, vax requirements etc in addition to normal traffic day before a game. While it's well publicized that proof of vax won't be required until next week that won't stop a ton of people from calling in to ask about it and other stuff for Saturday.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
BC 1988
Legend

No doubt all the uncertainty about upcoming changes (vaccine card, and not moving out of Step 3) has resulted in the Lions being overloaded. I had an amusing experience going back to when they sent me the "survey" (which amounted to actually selecting my games and seat) back in July. I filled it out using all the options--comments section--to make it as easy for them as possible.

I didn't hear back from them at all. Last weekend my friend (more of a casual fan) asked me if I had it worked out with my seats. I admitted as to not knowing and told him I was going to have to call them on Tuesday. Anyway last Sunday, I was bored and decided to look at My Lions Account (I had already set up the new password). To my surprise, all 5 of the game tickets were loaded up and the seat location was exactly where I had suggested in the "survey". So that explains why they never contacted me.

Then on Wednesday I got the email detailing everything to expect when going to the game. For good measure, they re-sent the same email TWICE to me on Friday. :rotf:
From one extreme to the other.

Last night in the lineup to go in, I noticed a few people ahead of me fumbling around--loading up their game tickets, instead of having them ready to scan ahead of getting there. Storing them in Google Pay worked very well for me. I set up the vaccine card in my photos gallery and that looks like it will be an easy process for the SSK game. The only thing is attendees will then have twice as many things to display on their phones at the gate--resulting in more fiddling around. I considered printing the vaccine card on paper, but BC Health never seems to have the skills required to orient the material cleanly for printing on a sheet of paper. I will try getting the saved screenshot of the card on my phone transferred to my pc and print that instead.