Next Stop for Johnny Football?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Johnny Manziel is apparently interested in playing in the XFL under head coach June Jones in Houston.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -xfl-team/

The new XFL will consist of 8 teams, all centrally-owned by the league, and is scheduled to begin its inaugural season in January or February, 2020, with teams playing 10 games.

Apparently, June Jones has shown interest in coaching Manziel again, and it's likely that Johnny Football will get another chance to play pro ball. The question remains, though, whether he'll get and stay clean and productive this time around.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Johnny has so many issues in his approach to life and football.

I used to think his talent was overrated and hyped. Not so much anymore. It seems he can play. Making plays. Escaping tacklers. Improvising.

I respect June Jones' ability to judge football talent. He saw talent in Jeremiah Masoli that surprised me. Jones seems to see talent in Johnny.

However, I am happy that Johnny has taken his travelling road show out of the CFL. Too much drama. He moved on from his opportunity here. Bye-bye.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

It seemed to me that Johnny Football was not committed enough to put in the amount of extra time and study that is required of a QB in the NFL or CFL. However in the XFL Johnny might be able to be a successful slacker.
D
Team Captain

South Pender wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:47 am
The question remains, though, whether he'll get and stay clean and productive this time around.
My question is will the league last a full season again? ... and is it still called the big game at the end?
I own The Grey Cup! .com