Lions vs. Ti-Cats Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rematch of the felines

Lions are not road warriors this season. Hope they get off to a quick start and keep the pedal to the metal.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

No BraleyBBQ this year, I'm betting? I saw a quick blurb by Banks hoping Burris would wear yellow contacts like he used to wear red contacts like a Stamp.. Due to the uniforms the Ticats are scheduled to wear, Burris can drag out those red contacts.

I think it will be a close game. I hope the Lions win but they've made me sit through some stinkers while they were on the road so far this season. Break a trend please guys.....
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Braley BBQ was Thursday. Hopefully the guys will have recovered by game time.
leo4life
All Star

Lions better not start slowly again on offense or they will be blown out of Guelph.We need a quik passing attack to establish the run,which is struggling.Special teams will have to avoid dumb penalties and get good down field coverage.On D i hope Stubler doesnt sit back in a 30 front cause Burris and Tailback Gable will pound us.I think they will try to run alot more and attack deep,@ safety.I expect a close physical battle.BC 33 Ham 29
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Leo4life is quite accurate on his analysis, and I think for this Lions team, right now, this will be a very tough challenge for them to win the game...until a couple of key personnel moves are made and the offence continues to develop, we are a very average team, and these kinds of teams don't win a lot on the road.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i love early games. lets getter done! :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Rammer
Team Captain

As an average team going into Hamilton the Lions have to understand that and that although Hamilton sits in third, with the injuries that TO and Montreal have, this game is even larger for them. Combine that with the annoying back to back CFL scheduling and the push Hamilton gave as the last game wound down, Lions had better have made adjustments to prepare for a tenacious, inspired Hamilton team.

The team that loses today will likely find themselves playing for the Grey Cup as a road team come playoffs.
Entertainment value = an all time low
JohnHenry
Champion

It's hard to gauge this game with both teams missing their best defender. The Lions need to come out and take it to the Flying Wildcats for 60 minutes in what should be a real cat fight! :roar:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Why is TSN warming us up for a BC-Hamilton game with features on an Argo defensive back and the Premier of Saskatchewan in a Riders jersey?
Rammer
Team Captain

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Why is TSN warming us up for a BC-Hamilton game with features on an Argo defensive back and the Premier of Saskatchewan in a Riders jersey?
Toronto Sports Network
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Why is TSN warming us up for a BC-Hamilton game with features on an Argo defensive back and the Premier of Saskatchewan in a Riders jersey?
They're just setting up the remaining weekend games. They usually do that.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

No flag for the headshot on Iannuzzi?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Spud387
Champion

sj-roc wrote:No flag for the headshot on Iannuzzi?
ya.... i wonder if they'll review that after the game.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Hamilton having their way on this opening drive, making it look far too easy.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Nice pursuit by Bighill to stall this drive.