Lions vs. Alouettes Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will today be the day the Lions offence finally get their act together ?

Als are hurting, will the Lions take them lightly ?

Lions facing another rookie quarterback making his first CFL start. Hope they learned from the Toronto fiasco and don't take the Als lightly.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

dinner time
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Short week, emotional letdown from last week, little practice, travel out east, offence sputtering under Chap.......I expect a Lion blow out
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And this is exactly the situation that makes me think that the Als have mismanaged their backup QB situation for years. They are lucky that it is probably just one game that Calvillo is out but you never know with concussions. Having said that, the Lions still need to execute and frankly, facing an injury decimated Als, there really should be no excuse for a not having not only a win but a convincing one at that.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Als defence looked outstanding against the Riders on Saturday so I don't think this is the breakout game for the Lions offence. They bring lots of heat which is something this offence has proven to struggle with.
As far as Neiswander he was picked twice but there easily could have been at least 2 more. He will throw the ball into coverage rather than take the sack. Bit of a gunslinger mentality that can make you look like a hero or goat.
Collaros should have been picked a couple of times too in the Toronto game but his receivers made plays and our DBS didnt. But coming in for relief at Mosiac couldn't be a tougher situation. He should be better at home. SJ Green will be his favourite target. Not sure if he will be matched up against Bell or Phillips.
South Pender
Legend

This could be a relatively low-scoring game. As SammyGreene says, the Alouettes D has not been that bad, and our offense is not functioning well at the moment. With the short week and very little practice time to try to iron out the wrinkles, our O may not turn the corner in tonight's game. On the other hand, the Als O is decimated, and our D has played very well lately, so I don't expect the Als to score a lot of points either. Seems to me like, maybe, 20-10 or 24-14 Leos. Hope I'm dead wrong and it's 42-7.
David
Team Captain

I am expecting a very large dose of Jerome Messam. Even more so, now that I've seen the Environment Canada weather forecast for Montreal, which is not at all promising:
Showers or thunderstorms. Amount 30 mm in thunderstorms. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 25. UV index 3 or moderate.
Nevermind racking up a big score, I think the Lions will be happy to get out of here with a "W."

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://bclions.com/video/index/id/88145

Video preview.

The Als have suffered many injuries, including Calvillo.

These are the dangerous games, where it is so hard to have the right mental attitude towards your wounded opponent.

Looking forward to it.
lfpeterson64
Rookie

Time for King Solomon and the Adam Bomb to blow some things up!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In the immortal words of Al Bundy "Let's rock"
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ugh. Couldn't corral the opening snap. Quick 2 & out to start the game. :thdn:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Phillips with the pick. :thup:

Time for the O to capitalise!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Atta boy Ryan Phillips :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What a horrible play
leo4life
All Star

Wow did the Offense hit the club last nt or what?!