Official NFL Thread: 2013-2014 Season

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not the start the Seahawks wanted. Fumble on the 1st offensive play. 49ers kicks a field goal
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

San Francisco giving Seattle all they can handle.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Extremely intense game.

Credit to both Harbaugh and Carroll.

Bowman's injury made me cringe and cover my eyes. Niners on the short end of some calls.

Karma on the Lynch fumble?
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

russel Wilson totally sucks. no way should he be pro bowl. just another in the long line of saviours over the last 30 yrs that is just going to fizzle out.

if seattly wins this game, its because of luck, with a little help from the refs.

go broncos

peyton rules. best qb ever.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Helluva game.

Kaepernick :thup:

Wilson :thup:

Both flawed, but both winners big time. In years past, these guys would be in the CFL.

Jim Harbaugh :thup:

Pete Carroll :thup:

Gotta love the Seahawks.

But gotta love Peyton Manning also.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
South Pender
Legend

Exciting NFC Championship game. Here's a recap:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201401190 ... ab=analyze

Here's a curiosity: Total yards: identical at 308 yards! It didn't seem that Russell Wilson had that great a game (probably because he was running for his life so often and getting sacked), but he hit on 64% of his passes (16/25) for 215 yards and had no interceptions. So I guess you'd have to say that that's decent quarterbacking in a championship game against a great defense. Kaepernick, on the other hand, went 58% (14/24) for 153 yards and 2 interceptions. (But, of course, he did a helluva lot of damage with his legs--130 yards.) The Beast was his usual bruising and effective (should I say beastly?) self. Doug Baldwin looked good today, with 6 catches and over 100 yards. I think the 'Hawks had luck on their side, but their D was very, very solid--as it has been all year. They managed to hold Frank Gore to 14 yards on 11 carries.

Here's the recap of the AFC Championship game:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201401190 ... &tab=recap

Not nearly as exciting, and it never seemed that the Patriots were really in the game.

Might be a very good Super Bowl game in two weeks. Interestingly enough, many prognosticators had the Broncos and Seahawks penciled in for the SB before the season even started!
Last edited by South Pender on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

If anything I think the officiating helped the Hawks......

Sherman was NASTY and got the results needed.

Kaepernick tossed up those freebies I thought he would. He got away with those versus the Panthers/Packers....
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote: Sherman was NASTY and got the results needed.
True, but he can be such a dork, can't he. Did you see that godawful (embarrassing really) excuse for an interview after the game?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:If anything I think the officiating helped the Hawks......
Seattle sure benefitted from some of the referee's calls.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:
True, but he can be such a dork, can't he. Did you see that godawful (embarrassing really) excuse for an interview after the game?
Total lack of class
notahomer
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:
Which one? There were a few, I'm guessing the one with the female Fox reporter right after the game. Some of the other interviews were not quite as bad and the further time wise from the game, the more sense he made/ class showed.

That being said.... The Seahawks recievers appear quite miffed at them being typecast as 'pedestrian' and non-elites. Baldwin had a great quote, IMO. "Its not not about proving you wrong; its about proving me right".

You just get the impression that there is the typical 'disrespect' card that gets played by lots of professional teams in all kinds of sports. We're the underdogs, Nobody respects us. We're the nobodies etc.... It just seems the Seahawks are playing this card even heavier than most.

It will be interesting to see this Superbowl covered. It's in New York/New Jersey. Eli Manning's home stadium where his HOF older brother tries to catch him in Superbowl wins playing the TOP defense in the NFL. I'm glad the game isn't for two weeks. I kinda need a little more time to relax from the NFC Championship game.....
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
notahomer wrote:If anything I think the officiating helped the Hawks......
Seattle sure benefitted from some of the referee's calls.
I thought the 49ers benefited a lot from some questionable and non-calls versus the Panthers. Kaepernick played BETTER than I thought he would but that still meant two fumbles and two interceptions. Okay, with seasoning he may get better but I'm not so sure.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Wow, the early line on the Superbowl is jumping around already. Seattle opened as 1.5 point favourites but that line has been pushed down to the Broncos now being favoured. Be interesting to see where its at come the day it matters.......

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/ ... odds-total
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It was a triple loss for the city of Boston as:

First the Boston Bruins lost to the Chicago Blackhawks. :bang:
Second the Boston Celtics lost to the Orlando Magic. :bang: :bang:
Thirdly and finally to top it all off the New England Patriots lost the AFC championship to the Denver Broncos. :bang: :bang: :bang:

--------------
It looks like despite in the NHL the issue of not hoisting the semi-final championship has been around for about two decades, and it might occur in the CFL as well with the 2011 Lions setting a precedence and then the 2013 Roughriders reinforced it.....that is definitely not the case in the NBA, MLB, and especially the NFL. Despite the Seahawks hoisting the NFC championship trophy in 2006 and then losing the Super Bowl, they still hoisted the George Halas Trophy today anyways. In any case, congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks to advance to the Super Bowl again.

To be fair, the Broncos held their Lamar Hunt trophy as well.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote: Which one? There were a few, I'm guessing the one with the female Fox reporter right after the game.
Oh, yeah...it was the one with the female Fox reporter right after the game. I didn't watch any more of the post-game stuff. I feel the same way you do; I need a couple of weeks to decompress from this game before the big one! :wink: