Lions @ Tiger-Cats Game Day Thread Oct. 12

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

O'Neil gets ejected yet Webb gets to play the entire game. :dizzy:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Andrew Harris. I had hope he would set the record at home next Friday
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Congradulations Andrew # 33
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

From the Ottawa Citizen
HAMILTON, Ont. -- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats' next game is pivotal for their playoff hopes, but Avon Cobourne was wondering out loud Thursday if many of his teammates fully understood that fact.

... [He] felt some of his teammates didn't have their minds firmly set on the task at hand during Hamilton's walkthrough.

"It's a big game and to be honest, I don't think we were as focused as we needed to be today as important as this game is," the veteran running back said candidly. "It was shocking to me for that to happen, to come out here and things not to go smoothly in the walkthrough as they need to be.

"It's a serious game for us and I don't know how serious most guys are about it."
I thought before the game that this might have just been posturing/playing possum, but looks like his hunch was right.
Hamilton's offence is averaging a league-best 30.1 points per game and is second overall in passing at 294.3 yards per contest. Quarterback Henry Burris has already thrown a club-record 34 TD passes, has completed 64 per cent of his passes and is second among CFL passers with 4,120 yards.

... Cobourne believes Hamilton's offence holds the key to victory.

"The key is to keep our offence on the field," he said. "We have to make plays on offence . . . we do that and I think we win the game."
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/foo ... story.html
Didn't happen.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.