Pavel Bure in HOF

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A bit of a surprise but a deserving choice

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399298
dtrain
Starter

#10 should definitely be retired.

It's time Paul Brothers got the recognition he's due!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Absolutely right.

:thup:

60 60 51 58 59
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dtrain wrote:#10 should definitely be retired.

It's time Paul Brothers got the recognition he's due!
Don't you mean Barry Ardern ?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Also inducted are perhaps the Canucks' biggest divisional rival Joe Sakic, Adam Oates, and former but brief Canuck Mats Sundin.

In the years to come, which of his three teams will people associate Pavel Bure with?

He played the most number of seasons with the Canucks with 7, but unfortunately he walked out on the team despite a year remaining on the 5-year contract he signed that was a huge black spot on Canuck fans.

As far as individual awards, he won the Calder trophy as a Canuck, while he twice won the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy and an All-Star Game MVP as a Florida Panther.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote: He played the most number of seasons with the Canucks with 7, but unfortunately he walked out on the team despite a year remaining on the 5-year contract he signed that was a huge black spot on Canuck fans.
The Canucks made him give up some of his first contract to pay off the Russians.

I hold no grudge against him. The fans here certainly loved him, but I am not so sure the team treated him all that well.

I congratulate him for his belated recognition by the Hall of Fame. :thup:

I do wish the Canucks would find a way to bring him back into the fold of Canuck history. He is by far the greatest player to ever play for the Canucks, and probably the most exciting player I ever expect to see.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There's been alot of innuendos and speculation why Bure demanded a trade but we'll know the real reason
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:There's been alot of innuendos and speculation why Bure demanded a trade but we'll know the real reason
I've heard some wild ones too but I don't care. I don't believe them and if they are true, Bure has nothing to be ashamed of (at least in the rumours people have told me). Laughable gossip really...
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Damn

Damn the individuals in Canucks management who did Pavel wrong, and they did.

Damn the media who deliberately slanted stories against Pavel, and even made up lies, just because he wanted to leave and/or because he wouldnt kiss media ass and give them every interview they wanted.

Damn the ignorant fans who turned against him based only on media BS.

Damn present canuck ownership and management for not doing everything they can to heal the rift between the organization and Pavel.

Damn certain members of the media who would keep the fires burning with continued BS and innuendo and unneeded reminders.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Gillis confirmed Friday that he has talked to Pavel Bure on a couple of occasions about returning to Vancouver to be honoured by the team, but said the Russian is "not ready for that kind of thing yet. He felt he was too young and just wasn't that interested in being honoured in any particular way." Gillis, who was Bure's agent, suggested his recent selection to the Hockey Hall of Fame could change things. "Perhaps that will change with what has happened in the last week. He was a great player, he is a friend of mine, but he is a very private person and he's entitled to be private in his affairs and perhaps this will change things, I am not sure."
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ca ... z1zG3WH4sx

Whatever bad blood there was between Pavel Bure and the Canucks is from previous regimes. Time to heal. Let's bring Pavel home. :thup:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well apparently Bure will have his # retired at a game in the 2013-2014 season. Yet unnamed date........

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428309
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Well apparently Bure will have his # retired at a game in the 2013-2014 season. Yet unnamed date........

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428309
Great news.

Well done, Francesco. Bringing Pavel Bure back to where he belongs, in Vancouver, with the Canucks forever now. :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Long overdue recognition.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I don't agree with the retiring of the number - that is just insane for ONLY the rarest of players. But number 10. Insanity and regardless of the reason he left (and rumours don't count) it sends a poor message.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

if they only retired 2 numbers, they would best be trevor linden's and pavel bure's

the canucks owe it to pavel just for the shabby treatment he got from them, let alone that he was the most electrifying canuck ever.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back