NFL Lockout over....

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well I waited for WCJ to post as he's the usual NFL lead on these topics.

I am just glad its over. This league really has everything polished, IMO. Don't know how the actual agreement will work out. Some really weird sounding things, like only 14 practice sessions in pads. There is no question the tradition of 2 a days for training camp was on its last legs. But 14! Hmmm..... Nothing interupts my Sunday NFL football, except Sunday CFL football.

The really strange part for me is how you boil down an entire off-season into the short period that the teams/players have with training camp also just around the corner.
D
Team Captain

Congrats to both sides for not being stupid enough to blow 90 billion a year
I own The Grey Cup! .com
notahomer
Hall of Famer

D wrote:Congrats to both sides for not being stupid enough to blow 90 billion a year

:rotf: and how much longer is this league going to continue without a franchise in LA? But they're doing fine without one......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maybe the Lions will bring in some NFL defensive backs that can tackle.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Well I waited for WCJ to post as he's the usual NFL lead on these topics.

I am just glad its over. This league really has everything polished, IMO. Don't know how the actual agreement will work out. Some really weird sounding things, like only 14 practice sessions in pads. There is no question the tradition of 2 a days for training camp was on its last legs. But 14! Hmmm..... Nothing interupts my Sunday NFL football, except Sunday CFL football.

The really strange part for me is how you boil down an entire off-season into the short period that the teams/players have with training camp also just around the corner.
Not as keen on all things NFL at this time, notahomer. Ha ha

I was not even worried if they settled their contractual dispute.

So many teams. So many boring games. So much money. So much hype. So many questionable characters.

I will still watch some games, at least in part.

However, if you wish to start a new NFL thread for this year, be my guest. I will still blog on it occasionally.

For a quality game of football, I prefer the little old CFL these days. Even with the Lions in the dump, there are some great games each week.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote: For a quality game of football, I prefer the little old CFL these days. Even with the Lions in the dump, there are some great games each week.
No arguement there. I prefer the CFL too. However, the NFL certainly comes in handy over the christmas holidays. When the Grey Cups done, the NFL buys me two more months of football until the CFL gets going again in June. I think this NFL season will be different too just because of the lockout. Training camp, free agency, draft signing etc.... six month of stuff getting done all at once.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well it has been weird IMO, so far. Seahawks have made changes but not so sure they are upgrades. Eagles seem poised to make a long run in the playoffs but no leagues champion is crowned in the preaseason (NASCAR is as close at it comes with its Superbowl being near the beginning of the season). Chad O is gone along with Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots :dizzy: Belichek must be thinking he's a faithhealer, IMO. Won't be at all surprised if he gets what he needs out of them too. I don't usually bother watching NFL preaseason. I personally feel the best part of this 'settlement' is no more CBA issues for awhile, hopefully even a decade.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

D wrote:Congrats to both sides for not being stupid enough to blow 90 billion a year
This is what it really comes down to isn't it? There has been some last minute bureauracy stuff. But all the T's need to be crossed and I's dotted. Thats done. So now the Players/Owners can go back to splitting their 90 billion.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well I don't usually bother to take in preseason games but there is not much else on now the Als/Esks dustup is done. I'm gonna check out the NewYork Yankees of the NFL- also known as the Eagles. If they are called free agents how come their contracts get bigger every year???? :wink:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well I'm going to be able to take in another NFL preseason game after tonights Lions/Argos bustup. Two of my favourite teams (their records lately have been worse than the Lions of 2009-2011) the Oakland Raiders paying a visit to the Seattle Seahawks. Think the Raiders will win this one, they could be a sleeper team. Their fans have suffered through a lot since their Superbowl loss almost a decade ago.....