Edmonton road trip

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoast
prospect

Time to plan a summer camping trip. This year will include a Lions game in Edmonton. Does anyone know of a camp site close to Comenewealth? We have a tent trailer. I Like a few beer at the game but do not want to drive.
Last year we did Calgary but had to stay at a motel very close to the stadium. Worked out very nice. Only problem was we just couldn't swing it for a Lions Game. Had to settle for the Riders. Had a wonderful time.
A previous summer we did see the lions in Regina but were camped 3 hrs away at Saskatuwan Landing. Really felt like a Riders fan that time.
I,ve been to Edmonton a few times but don't realy know the city and I've no Idea where Commenwealth is. If anyone out there can add any info I'd appriciate it.

ps I have a small Bobby Ackles sticker on the back of the van and on the drive to the Calgary, from Drumheller we got Mooned by a car load of Riders vans heading to the game. It was halarious.
Anglophone
All Star

WestCoast wrote:Only problem was we just couldn't swing it for a Lions Game. Had to settle for the Riders. Had a wonderful time.
I hope it was the one where Calgary whooped them. That was a great game!

Unfortunately, I've only been driving down there once, and don't know anywhere for you to stay.

:good:
WestCoast
prospect

40-20. Stamps
TAS
prospect

I think a campsite called 'Rainbow Valley', is located right in Edmonton. It feels like a real campsite, trees and all. From there drive to Southgate Mall (about 5 minute drive) and catch the LRT to Commonwealth. If you're drinking it would be a cheap cab ride to the Mall. http://www.rainbow-valley.com/index.php
WestCoast
prospect

Thanks TAS. Judging by there web site it looks nice and a good price. We will have to figure out EDm. transit when we get there. Already looking forword to a hot Augest night and watching the Lions kick Edm. butt. A road trip, an adventure, see some things for the first time. Always so nice. I especialy like meeting other CFL fans on these trips. They always give you a freindly hard time but are always so very glad you came and always warmly welcome you.
Summers coming, can't wait.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TAS wrote:I think a campsite called 'Rainbow Valley', is located right in Edmonton. It feels like a real campsite, trees and all. From there drive to Southgate Mall (about 5 minute drive) and catch the LRT to Commonwealth. If you're drinking it would be a cheap cab ride to the Mall. http://www.rainbow-valley.com/index.php
I've camped there a few times and it's nice. It's a short drive to West Edmonton Mall but on the opposite side of the city from Commonwealth.
TAS
prospect

My parents camped there when they came to visit us in Edmonton. I think I remember there being a lot of mosquitoes at the site, but its like that a lot on the Praires. The site is relatively close to West Edmonton Mall and reasonably close to the LRT (Edmontons Sky Train). Anyways, I'm happy to see the Lions twice in Edmonton this year and both times in the Summer. :thup:
lion24
Legend

If you come through the city you will get and added bonus of driving the obstacle course of potholes that are multiplying like crazy this year... :good:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP