Lions 37 - Argos 16 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. PRINTERS 25/39 302 2 0
T. LULAY 0/1 0 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. SIMON 7 133 0 51
S. BLACK 5 40 1 14
E. ARCENEAUX 3 31 0 14
P. JACKSON 3 29 0 19
Y. DAVIS 3 19 1 17
J. MESSAM 2 34 0 20
O. WILSON 2 16 0 11

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
Y. DAVIS 12 52 0 10
J. MESSAM 8 24 2 16
C. PRINTERS 1 9 0 9
T. LULAY 1 1 0 1

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
C. PRINTERS 1 1 0 0
O. WILSON 0 0 1 0
K. BANKS 0 0 1 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 3/4 43 4/4 13

Punting NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 10 37.6 310 51

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. GEORGE 5 59 11.8 23 0
A. HARRIS 4 43 10.8 21 0
Y. DAVIS 2 28 14.0 16 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 7 431 70 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
A. HARRIS 3 119 39.7 72 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
S. ELIMIMIAN 5 1 0 0
S. FRANKS 5 0 0 0
J. BROWN 4 3 0 0
B. JOHNSON 4 1 0 1
K. WILLIAMS 4 1 0 0
D. MARSH 3 0 0 0
D. SANCHEZ 3 0 0 0
K. BANKS 3 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 2 0 0 0
T. CRAWFORD 2 0 0 0
S. WILLIAMS 2 0 0 0
A. LEONARD 1 0 0 0
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. LEMON 20/31 277 2 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
A. DURIE 5 95 0 57
S. WATT 4 21 0 7
J. ROBINSON 3 97 2 41
M. BRADWELL 3 27 0 13
J. JOHNSON 3 17 0 8
B. RIDEAU 1 12 0 12
C. BOYD 1 8 0 8

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
C. BOYD 11 57 0 27
C. LEMON 2 7 0 5
J. JOHNSON 2 5 0 4
A. DURIE 1 0 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
C. LEMON 2 1 0 0
R. FLEMONS 1 1 1 0
C. BOYD 1 0 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
G. SHAW 0/2 0 2/2 4

Punting NO AVG NET LG
J. BOREHAM 11 38.9 298 47

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
C. OWENS 6 66 11.0 18 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
J. BOREHAM 3 172 64 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
C. OWENS 5 112 22.4 40 0
R. CHRISTIAN 2 41 20.5 25 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
W. PILE 8 0 0 0
R. FLEMONS 7 3 0 0
L. SHELL 6 0 0 0
A. BUZBEE 5 2 0 0
K. HUNTLEY 5 2 0 0
J. POTTINGER 4 1 0 1
J. YOUNGER 3 0 0 0
K. EIBEN 3 0 0 0
E. MCCOLLOUGH 3 0 0 0
W. MIDDLEBROOKS 2 0 0 0
B. PARKER 1 0 0 0
E. TAYLOR 1 0 0 0
C. ARMSTRONG 1 0 0 0

Good effort.

Sloppy at times.

Casey managed well.
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. PRINTERS 25/39 302 2 0
Decent running game.
Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
Y. DAVIS 12 52 0 10
J. MESSAM 8 24 2 16
Better playcalling by Chapdelaine.

O Line is a sieve.

Defence was aggressive and effective, except for some deep pass coverage breakdowns.
Ravi
Legend

Congrats on the win. You might have gotten a bit lucky on a couple of plays but the truth is that you guys were pretty unlucky during that 7 game losing streak so you probably deserved to have some good fortune come your way. The bottom line is that you guys made some big plays today and some excellent halftime adjustments on defence as well. Your special teams were better than ours too which was huge.

I have to admit that I thought that you guys were sunk at 1-7 and didn't think that the win over Montreal last week was anything more than a blip but your team impressed me with some of the things that you did today, especially on the offensive side of the ball in the second quarter. Hopefully, you will keep your winning ways going next week but the offensive line will certainly have to improve if the Lions are to make a run out west this season. At least there is now hope though.
Rammer
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:Congrats on the win. You might have gotten a bit lucky on a couple of plays but the truth is that you guys were pretty unlucky during that 7 game losing streak so you probably deserved to have some good fortune come your way. The bottom line is that you guys made some big plays today and some excellent halftime adjustments on defence as well. Your special teams were better than ours too which was huge.

I have to admit that I thought that you guys were sunk at 1-7 and didn't think that the win over Montreal last week was anything more than a blip but your team impressed me with some of the things that you did today, especially on the offensive side of the ball in the second quarter. Hopefully, you will keep your winning ways going next week but the offensive line will certainly have to improve if the Lions are to make a run out west this season. At least there is now hope though.
Thanks Ravi I think...:)

Losing Boyd better not be for long term or the Argos themselves will find wins difficult down the stretch. His tears at the end of the game suggest that he may be considering his long term future, as the contact wasn't significant and he will encounter much harder if he continues to play.

As for the Lions, Argos were the purrfect tonic for their woes, good test but a team that they should beat considering the Lions D this season. A huge concern is the Lions OL, has been and seems to continue to leak more than one would like (8 sacks against today), but Chap has to take blame as the running game established the Lions and then he didn't kill the clock with it in the end.
Entertainment value = an all time low
bbang
Starter

Yes, we'll take the W, but this team is nowhere near good enough to even think about beating Calgary or Saskatchewan - Not even close. The O line is still a nightmare and Casey, although he did manage the game, is not nearly good enough to stack up against Burris or Durant. What's with throwing the deep ball into coverage after the pocket collapses and he's running with a seemingly clear path to a first down,when all he has to do is run for the first down. I saw it numerous times today. Casey is a far more effective q.b. when he thinks run first - although that appears to have been coached out of him, or he's still got a lingering injury. don't get me wrong I'm happy with the W - but would still like to see a lot more offensively from this team.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
zark
Champion

Rammer wrote:
Ravi wrote:Congrats on the win. You might have gotten a bit lucky on a couple of plays but the truth is that you guys were pretty unlucky during that 7 game losing streak so you probably deserved to have some good fortune come your way. The bottom line is that you guys made some big plays today and some excellent halftime adjustments on defence as well. Your special teams were better than ours too which was huge.

Losing Boyd better not be for long term or the Argos themselves will find wins difficult down the stretch. His tears at the end of the game suggest that he may be considering his long term future, as the contact wasn't significant and he will encounter much harder if he continues to play.
YEA..Um ...why does he hang out here. Is he trolling or what? I don't get it. I've got nothing against him but it's kind of weird...Dontcha think???...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEROY!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beauty: :beauty: :beauty: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
That's what I want to see.
Printers started showboating in the backfield before that fumble. He started making goofy dance moves behind the o line which ended up as alot of 2 and outs. When he started dropping back normally, we got the offence back.

I'm buzzed and pixilated, even though I didn't start the beer until our game.
Right on Lions!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

As for the Lions, Argos were the purrfect tonic for their woes, good test but a team that they should beat considering the Lions D this season. A huge concern is the Lions OL, has been and seems to continue to leak more than one would like (8 sacks against today), but Chap has to take blame as the running game established the Lions and then he didn't kill the clock with it in the end.
Rammer wrote:

Wow ...how did I do this...????
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Ravi
Legend

I like to read what knowledgeable football fans think, Zark, and I consider this forum to have some of the most knowledgeable around. If that makes my hanging around on here "weird", so be it! Over on the Argos' forum, we have a number of non-Argos fans too btw.
Rammer
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:I like to read what knowledgeable football fans think, Zark, and I consider this forum to have some of the most knowledgeable around. If that makes my hanging around on here "weird", so be it! Over on the Argos' forum, we have a number of non-Argos fans too btw.
Ravi is good CFL folk, and he does cheer for a Braley owned team. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Ravi wrote:I like to read what knowledgeable football fans think, Zark, and I consider this forum to have some of the most knowledgeable around. If that makes my hanging around on here "weird", so be it! Over on the Argos' forum, we have a number of non-Argos fans too btw.
Another vote for Ravi. Anyone who can't stand Rod Black is ok in my books. :wink:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Always welcome wherever I post Ravi. Your posts are always well thought out and reasoned and never disrespectful of the fans of whose house you are visiting.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Ravi
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Another vote for Ravi. Anyone who can't stand Rod Black is ok in my books. :wink:
Rod was driving me nuts today but as I said over on our forum, he is even harder to take when one's team is losing. Thanks for the votes of confidence! I just hope that the Lions beat Hamilton next week and when they play again later. A couple of wins over Winnipeg would be nice too. :wink: As Hambone said over on another thread, the Lions do have a chance with their schedule to really make some hay in the second half.

BTW, Casey looked good today. He played in the second quarter today like he did in '04.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:
Rod was driving me nuts today but as I said over on our forum, he is even harder to take when one's team is losing. Thanks for the votes of confidence! I just hope that the Lions beat Hamilton next week and when they play again later. A couple of wins over Winnipeg would be nice too. :wink: As Hambone said over on another thread, the Lions do have a chance with their schedule to really make some hay in the second half.

BTW, Casey looked good today. He played in the second quarter today like he did in '04.
I was following you all day over on FOA. :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:

Ravi :thup:

Rod Black :thdn:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Seconded. Ravi is welcome here any time.
TheZeppo
Starter

bbang wrote:Yes, we'll take the W, but this team is nowhere near good enough to even think about beating Calgary or Saskatchewan - Not even close. The O line is still a nightmare and Casey, although he did manage the game, is not nearly good enough to stack up against Burris or Durant. What's with throwing the deep ball into coverage after the pocket collapses and he's running with a seemingly clear path to a first down,when all he has to do is run for the first down. I saw it numerous times today. Casey is a far more effective q.b. when he thinks run first - although that appears to have been coached out of him, or he's still got a lingering injury. don't get me wrong I'm happy with the W - but would still like to see a lot more offensively from this team.

I agree with your comments about Printers. I would put at least half of the eight sacks on him for either holding the ball too long, or failing to
run the ball when given the opportunity. I had to shake my head when, on one particular play, he had open field in front of him only to run back into
the collapsing pocket where he was sacked. IMO his chronic knee problem has gotten into his head, and has taken some of the natural aggressiveness out
of his play. On the positive side, when able to set up in the pocket, he threw the ball well today.
TheZeppo
Starter

Solar Max wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Ravi is a great guy whose posts are always classy. He has been a regular on every CFL board that I have ever read, going all the way
back to the rsfc days in the early nineties. Interestingly enough, he is one of the few people left who still uses his real name when
posting. That in itself should say something about the kind of person that he is.