Official Super Bowl Thread February 7, 2010

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Congratulations to the City of New Orleans and to their team of destiny tonight...

A city that had to endure the wrath of the most savage of disasters to understand their purrfect will to survive, and gained them the insight that only those who give up faith in themselves, and hope of their future deserve to perish.
WTF? ! :dizzy: :hypno: :dizzy: :hypno:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:Congratulations to the City of New Orleans and to their team of destiny tonight...

A city that had to endure the wrath of the most savage of disasters to understand their purrfect will to survive, and gained them the insight that only those who give up faith in themselves, and hope of their future deserve to perish.
:violin: :2cents: :tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
nelson95
Legend

New Orleans are truly amerikas team given 1/2 the population were moved elsewhere and haven't been able to go back
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:[
Actually, what I did enjoy about this game was the go for the win that the Saints provided with the statement of the onside kickoff attempt at the beginning of the second half.
That play was when I knew I had a ton of respect for their coach and knew they would win the game. No point in watching any more. If I ever follow the other league again I might follow that coach.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:

:violin: :2cents: :tp:
If I hang in there long enough I figure I will eventually make sense out of something you post.
Tighthead
Legend

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick- ... uick-reads

Here is a good analysis of the decision to go for the onside kick to start the half. Unexpected onside kicks have a recovery rate around 2/3.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

This was the best Superbowl for me for a few years. I've been making the mistake of hosting a 'party' for a few years. This year I chose to just watch the game by myself. I am definately one of those 'leave me alone, I'm watching the game' types.

The Superbowl has done a much better job of living up to its name over the past few editions, IMO. I understood going for the TD late in the 1st half by the Saints. Made sense, IMO. But they stunned me with that onside kick to open the 2ndhalf.

Stories like the Saints are why football is my favourite sport (yes CFL#1, NFL a close second). A little more logical play by the Vikings #4 in the championship game and the Saints aren't even playing in the Superbowl. But, that's not what happened. Nice ending to the season, IMO.