Empire is Official

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ik17
Rookie

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=303294
^ TSN Article.

Artist Renderings of the Venue:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Empir ... story.html

Even looking at the splash page on the Lions' site gets me excited http://bclions.com/

It almost looks better than BC Place! If you didn't renew yet, you'll want to now!
airkore
Rookie

The best thing to happen to Lions fans since Mervyn Fernandez........the return of Empire !!!!! :cheer:
Section 16
Level 2
Row D
Greatest Lions reciever of all time Mervyn Fernandez
SectionW
Rookie

Can they move it to Qc after the return to BC place :)
Tremblay tasse toi on veut Cahoooon pour maire!
pigskinpatriot
Starter

I heard they are going to use the old turf from BC Place.......why ?....there is beautiful natural grass just sitting there waiting to stain up those retro jerseys....oh well, at least they'll be back outside!
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
bclions16
Champion

pigskinpatriot wrote:I heard they are going to use the old turf from BC Place.......why ?....there is beautiful natural grass just sitting there waiting to stain up those retro jerseys....oh well, at least they'll be back outside!
I heard the natural grass there is less than beautiful. People sometimes forget that a professional grade grass field is pretty expensive, Field Turf is the lower risk option.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Look at that field

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Empir ... story.html

Are they intending to play US rules? Who did that rendering? :tp:
zark
Champion

When will they start, or have they started already? has any one noticed? Shouldn't they start now?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

They will be using some temporary seating from the Olympics and construction won't start until after the Olympics.
David
Team Captain

Sorry to write about this here, but I couldn't find a BC Place thread (where's Robbie when you need him?... :wink: ). Anyway, PavCo just held a press conference to announce that everything is proceeding as planned with BC Place, and when it's completed will be the world's largest cable-supported retractable roof (with 17 tonnes of steel).

Of particular interest to me in the Province article was the size of the opening. What I first feared was to be just a small hole in the centre is actually considerably larger: 100-by-80 meters, which works out to roughly 110 yards by 93 yards. While it won't afford the million dollar views of Empire, it will still offer plenty of fresh air and blue skies and keep us dry when the rains come. :good:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MacNews
Team Captain

David wrote:(with 17 tons of steel).

it will still offer plenty of fresh air and blue skies and keep us dry when the rains come. :good:

DH
Fixed.

But yes, you will get very nice views of our west coast rain-clouds! :wink: