Lions 2006 Championship Ring on sale on eBay

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Zarquon
Champion

Not sure who's or if it is a replica but for what it is worth.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2006-Grey-Cup-Champi ... RCH:CA:101
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like the real one, all right.

Interesting that the picture containing the other side of the ring has the user covered by their finger to conceal the name of the recipient.

Last edited by Robbie on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well you can always start with the location of the Ring as a clue. Who on the Lions came from Illinois (Edwardsville)?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Well you can always start with the location of the Ring as a clue. Who on the Lions came from Illinois (Edwardsville)?
Just a quick guess, but my money's on Joe Smith. He certainly came off in the press as unlikely to be caught up in the trappings of professional sports.

Could always just ask the seller, too.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Assuming that the seller holding the ring is also the owner, then it appears that it is a white man.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Tighthead
Legend

The seller looks like a jewellery vendor, so likely not a player.

The seller also declined to name the player.
Bobbyp
Champion

Someone should find that years roster and paste it so I can do some detective work and find out who it is. I also can find your lost or stolen pet.

Ace PS just a quick question did Ray Finkle play here is 2006?
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Bobbyp wrote:Someone should find that years roster and paste it so I can do some detective work and find out who it is. I also can find your lost or stolen pet.

Ace PS just a quick question did Ray Finkle play here is 2006?
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/94th_Grey_Cup :

2 Ian Smart
4 Paul McCallum
6 Javier Glatt
7 Jarious Jackson
8 Bret Anderson
9 Barron Miles
10 Emanuel Sanchez
11 Jason Pottinger
12 Dave Dickenson
14 Rob Pikula
16 Buck Pierce
17 Sebastian Clovis
19 Paris Jackson
21 Ryan Phillips
23 Mark Washington
24 Korey Banks
27 Lavar Glover
28 Lyle Green
29 Brandon Payne
31 Dante Marsh
33 Joe Smith
35 Otis Floyd
37 Alexis Bwenge
39 Jamall Johnson
41 Lionell Green
42 Markeith Knowlton
51 Tyson Craiggs
54 Dean Valli
55 Sherko Haji-Rasouli
56 Rob Murphy
59 Kelly Bates
60 Jason Jimenez
62 Bobby Singh
63 Amariah Farrow
64 Angus Reid
69 Lorne Plante
81 Geroy Simon
82 Jason Clermont
83 Gilles Colon
85 Kendrick Jones
86 Mike Lindstrom
88 Tony Simmons
90 Aaron Hunt
91 Nautyn McKay-Loescher
93 Matt Kirk
95 Ricky Foley
96 Tyrone Williams
97 Brent Johnson
98 Whitney Bell

By my count less than half of these guys are still with the team, even if you count 62 & 91 who left and have since returned. Hmmm, Carl Kidd seems to be missing from this list, so bump that ratio even lower.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Bobbyp
Champion

My search has turned up something interesting tho there is another CFL http://churchfootballleague.blogspot.co ... chool.html
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
Bobbyp
Champion

This is too hard I thought I was doing well but then I saw a game day roster and from that list were missing 84 Aaron Lockett 87 Chris Wilson 20 Mark Nohra 89 TJ Acree 99 Chris Wilson 3 Ryan Thelwell. I dont know whos all intittled to a ring but over the course of 1 season I bet theres 70-80 guys that are on a team. I give up.
nelson95
Legend

I think that was the Chico Football League
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:The seller looks like a jewellery vendor, so likely not a player.
Yes, it looks like the seller is only a jewelry vendor, as indicated in his answer to a question that a prospective customer asked.

This is typical when selling a personalized Championship ring. I can tell you it is from a player that actually played in the 2006 BC Lions.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

So the selling price in the end was US $5,500.00 (C $5,935.60). The owner certainly didn't make a profit as the ring was appraised at C $10,000.00.
祝你龍年行大運。
Tighthead
Legend

Robbie wrote:So the selling price in the end was US $5,500.00 (C $5,935.60). The owner certainly didn't make a profit as the ring was appraised at C $10,000.00.
How do you know the owner paid the appraised value? He is most likely a broker on commission.