Leos to unveil retro jerseys today!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

The Lions brass will unveil their vintage replica '60s jersey to the media today. Norm Fieldgate, Geroy Simon, and Barron Miles will be on hand to model them. It will be the classic white jersey with the burnt orange TV stripe (shoulder patch) and black numbers on the front.

The club will wear this retro jersey at Edmonton on July 16 and Saskatchewan on August 7.

Fans will get the first crack at purchasing the new jersey at the pre-season game this Tuesday against the Eskimos.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:The Lions brass will unveil their vintage replica '60s jersey to the media today. Norm Fieldgate, Geroy Simon, and Barron Miles will be on hand to model them. It will be the classic white jersey with the burnt orange TV stripe (shoulder patch) and black numbers on the front.

The club will wear this retro jersey at Edmonton on July 16 and Saskatchewan on August 7.

Fans will get the first crack at purchasing the new jersey at the pre-season game this Tuesday against the Eskimos.

DH
The Province newspaper has Javy Glatt sporting the new look at the front/back (pending the direction you read the sports section) of the sports section. I don't get caught up in the uniform looks often, as it isn't a high priority to me, just means another avenue to generate some sales.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:

DH
The timing of this seems poorly thought out.

I would have asked for one of these for Father's Day. Tuesday's a bit late.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:The Lions brass will unveil their vintage replica '60s jersey to the media today. Norm Fieldgate, Geroy Simon, and Barron Miles will be on hand to model them. It will be the classic white jersey with the burnt orange TV stripe (shoulder patch) and black numbers on the front.

DH
The Province newspaper has Javy Glatt sporting the new look at the front/back (pending the direction you read the sports section) of the sports section. I don't get caught up in the uniform looks often, as it isn't a high priority to me, just means another avenue to generate some sales.
Javy was also sporting a vintage helmet from that era. Can we say another helmet auction coming December. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

Wow. Although it was hard to muck up a retro look, the club really hit the jackpot with this one. :yahoo:

Even though the 1964 uniform was a little before my time, it's a timeless, classic, and very classy look. Hopefully, if the public reaction is as strong as the early response from the media (Pratt and Taylor were raving about it on the TEAM1040), they'll consider going with this uniform on a permanent basis.

Well done Lions and Reebok!

Here are some pics of Buck sporting the new look (courtesy of bclions.com):
Story here

ImageImageImage

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DYLAN
Rookie

Wow those look good, not just the jersey but the whole uniform, sox, pants, helmets are amazing. I hope they wear those jerseys at the home game, i saw another picture with geroy wearing the white, and barron wearing the black and orange jerseys we've seen since 2005. I think they did a great job. Im sooo buying the white jersey.
http://bclions.com/photo_gallery/blocks/id/1077
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Fantastic uni. Shame about the cheesy sponsor patches which completely spoil the cool look.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Nice piece on Global about the retro jersey rollout.

Oh that's right, they ignored it.

Stay classy Global BC. :tp:
mrs.joesports
Rookie

Lions4ever wrote:Nice piece on Global about the retro jersey rollout.

Oh that's right, they ignored it.

Stay classy Global BC. :tp:
Seriously, nothing on Global about it? Pffft. Sadly, not surprising.

It would've been nice to have them available before Father's Day. They do look good!
This is OUR league...
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

LOOOOOVE them!! :beauty: :rockin: :roar: Awesome how they're rockin the vintage poses too!
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DYLAN wrote:Wow those look good, not just the jersey but the whole uniform, sox, pants, helmets are amazing. I hope they wear those jerseys at the home game, i saw another picture with geroy wearing the white, and barron wearing the black and orange jerseys we've seen since 2005. I think they did a great job. Im sooo buying the white jersey.
http://bclions.com/photo_gallery/blocks/id/1077
I've always love the jerseys from the 60's. Glad the Lions saw fit to bring them back. Love Buck Pierce's pose. Reminds me of the classic Joe Kapp pose
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Outstanding! I have always loved the regular black 3rds and this looks just as good, if not better. Love the black lettering — far more than the current orange on the white road jerseys. Black pants look terrific as well.

Hopefully Rick will also have these available soon. Have a feeling the credit card is going to take a major hit with all the retro stuff about to come out.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Ballistic Bob wrote:Can we say another helmet auction coming December. BB
Oh no just what I need. Just when I thought I had all the bases covered; white Bobby Singh (thanks BB), silver Barrin Simpson (thanks LFITQ) and most preciously a team-autographed orange Alexis Bwenge "BOB" helmet; they come out with another. Good-bye future paycheque. :bang: :paw:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I think I'm the only person that isn't totally in love with them. I prefer our 3rds more which I'm assuming won't be worn this year. Disappointing.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I think I'm the only person that isn't totally in love with them. I prefer our 3rds more which I'm assuming won't be worn this year. Disappointing.
Don't worry NOJ ... they will be wearing the 3rds for the retro home game:
The Lions will sport the stylized, 1960s-era Reebok uniform on the road versus the Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday, July 16th and will wear their popular third jersey at their Retro home game versus the visiting Saskatchewan Roughriders on Friday, August 7th at BC Place