Lions gear in BIG sizes

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bleddyn
Starter

I have just failed miserably to get my brother in law a T-shirt/hoody/sweatshirt/jacket of any kind in my Christmas shopping because I can't find anything in his size, which his wife says is a 3XT. He is about 6'5" 315lbs so not a small fella. I checked Jersey City (Richmond Centre) and about anywhere else I can think of that sells Lions gear.

Do any of you know if they even make merchandise that size and if so where I might find some?
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

I am a bigger dude too (6'8" 300) and I have found MOST of the Reebok Lions stuff in 2XL fits me.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Bleddyn
Starter

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately all the in-store stock I cam accross was all L at the biggest, not even an XL.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I'm big, but not Yank or your bro-in law big.......I've gotten all my 2X gear at Sports and Stuff in Chilliwack.

Rick always has those sizes.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Bobbyp
Champion

I saw they have Lions doormats at the Home Depot 39.99. Im going to wait till they go on sale.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:I am a bigger dude too (6'8" 300) and I have found MOST of the Reebok Lions stuff in 2XL fits me.
I'm with you on the weight, thought not the height, and my experience is the same. Note that most of the Canadian vendors' stuff tends to run small. Can't seem to find very much retail larger than a 2XL, however. With the 3X stuff, you'd have to find someone who can order it directly from the manufacturer.

My problem, if anyone runs across a solution, is that the FlexFit hats are entirely too small. I'd love a hat, but it would have to be a fitted, size 8. If anyone runs across actual fitted hats and can pass that along, I'd be appreciative.
I saw they have Lions doormats at the Home Depot 39.99. Im going to wait till they go on sale.
Can those be found online anywhere for those of us who are out of market?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

cromartie wrote:My problem, if anyone runs across a solution, is that the FlexFit hats are entirely too small. I'd love a hat, but it would have to be a fitted, size 8. If anyone runs across actual fitted hats and can pass that along, I'd be appreciative.
I echo that sentiment. I thought I had a big melon, but you edge me out Cro. I wear a 7-5/8 fitted. Those flexfits do fit me, but after about a half hour it starts feeling like a vice is slowly being tightened on my skull. So I won't buy them now. When I was looking for a Grey Cup hat in Montreal I bypassed several nice hats because they were flexfit. Finally found an adjustable one and bought it.......without trying it on. A few days after I returned home I put it on and adjusted to the max it still would only sit on top of my head. I thought WTF and looked at the tag.......YOUTH. :bang:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Bleddyn
Starter

Collectors Den in Lansdown Mall, Richmond had some adjustable lions hats. (I am not sure if they would fit some of the bigger melons but they are better then Flexfit.)

I got one I rather like, kind of a dark blue denim, an oval on the front with stylized "Lions" written in it (think kinda like a Ford logo, but black background), and just to the left of the hole at the back the old lion with his paw on the ball logo is embroidered, and "Since 1954" embroidered above the hole.

They may be a good place to order hats, they didn't have many different Lions, but claim to have more varieties of Canucks then GM Place, so they can probably order anything.

Also, Jersey City in Richmond Centre also had a few adjustable ones, there was even a black/orange RBK Football one with the paw on the side that looked like it would fit larger craniums.

Hope that is some help to people looking for hats.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Bleddyn wrote:Collectors Den in Lansdown Mall, Richmond had some adjustable lions hats. (I am not sure if they would fit some of the bigger melons but they are better then Flexfit.)

I got one I rather like, kind of a dark blue denim, an oval on the front with stylized "Lions" written in it (think kinda like a Ford logo, but black background), and just to the left of the hole at the back the old lion with his paw on the ball logo is embroidered, and "Since 1954" embroidered above the hole.

They may be a good place to order hats, they didn't have many different Lions, but claim to have more varieties of Canucks then GM Place, so they can probably order anything.

Also, Jersey City in Richmond Centre also had a few adjustable ones, there was even a black/orange RBK Football one with the paw on the side that looked like it would fit larger craniums.

Hope that is some help to people looking for hats.
I appreciate it, but not really. I've gone that route also but, like the flexfits, adjustables really only fit people up to about Hambone's size.

For some perspective, the largest helmet size in the NFL last year was an 8. So my head is up there with the big boys. Along with shoe size, but that's another story.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, after the holidays, I have the number for American Needle's Canadian distributor. I may ring them up and try the special order route.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

cromartie wrote:For some perspective, the largest helmet size in the NFL last year was an 8. So my head is up there with the big boys. Along with shoe size, but that's another story.
Bobby Singh's bucket must be close to an 8. It rattles around loose on my melon. Barrin Simpson's helmet fits about like that youth Grey Cup hat I bought......perched on top of my head. Maybe in a football helmet version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears the Alexis Bwenge helmet will be juuuussttt right. Greylocks and the Three Lions?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

nobody carries more lions hats then we do! anywhere from 30 to 50 styles during football season. also the best prices ! and dont forget we sponsor this site.

a limited amount of xxxl and xxxxl things have arrived.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

sports & stuff----ric wrote:nobody carries more lions hats then we do! anywhere from 30 to 50 styles during football season. also the best prices ! and dont forget we sponsor this site.

a limited amount of xxxl and xxxxl things have arrived.
So there's the orange t-shirt I saw on the website in a 3 and 4x. Anything else among the new arrivals?
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

we have just 1 or 2 pieces of the other big size items left. A white hoodie/ black hoodie/black sweatshirt/lightweight jacket.
no sence putting on the website because they likely gone by the time it gets on there.