Buck

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

Good grief people

Buck was 26/42 thats 61 percent - threw for 346 yards and 3 tds

yes - 1 td was because of a fumble on the 5 yard line or something

yes - 2 pics - one that was batted down and picked I believe by the lineman and run to the 20 or so till Buck tackled him

and yes one bad read when he threw into triple coverage. Bad throw

Yes - he over threw some guys (everyone does)

some say he was hurt and couldnt throw deep - my goodness what were you watching?

yes he under threw Paris once but over threw some others deep - (as everyone will do) - so much for sore shoulder and the inability to throw deep

Bishop was 18/32 56 percentage 292 yards and 4 ints
But they had 6 rushing TDS - and they win -

We lost today because we couldnt stop them on defense. We keep giving up big plays, couldnt even stop the running of 3rd string QB when we had to.

What do some of you want - perfection every game?

His numbers (even with the picks) were good enough to win

We scored 30 points !!!

Their 3rd string qb ran for 3 TDS - good grief

and some of you have the nerve to hang Buck out to dry

fickle loyalty

Defense man - defense - lost this game

and its not Wallys fault either
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Bobbyp
Champion

I agree the D lost this game.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
MacNews
Team Captain

My point is rest Buck for the playoffs, start Jackson since he played well last game.

I agree Buck is our starter, but aggravating his injuries one week before the playoffs is not worth it!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good post Mightybuck. As I said in another thread, scoring 30 points should win you alot of games. It was defence that cost us the game specifically the inability to stop the run. It was obvious to anyone watching the game that the ankle was still giving Buck trouble.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

I agree Mightbuck. I felt mainly for Buck because he looked in pain and if he has these stats playing injured, what would he have done healthy. Yes, the defense definitely lost us the game, but I think maybe Jarius being a little healthier could have helped too. I was mainly angry because is Buck going to be better next weekend for the Rider headhunters. They always scare me regarding quarterbacks. Buck is still #1 to me though.
lion24
Legend

It is true that it wasn't Buck's best game but I thought he did enough to allow the Lions to win but the defense cannot tackle or cover and it is ridiculous. All year when the offence has scored a TD the defense has allowed the other team to come right back. I am certain no one is scared of this defence other than the front four as there is no aggression anymore......I don't get it?? :bang: :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
pennw
Legend

His completion percentage was padded somewhat at the end when Calgary was in prevent mode and giving up all the short yardage passes knowing BC could not win with short passes . Alot of those yards were YAK yards by Logan on very short passes too. The stats in this case are somewhat misleading . Most of us here are behind Buck still but there are times a team does need a change up and yesterday was one of those games .
MB , can you deny last week JJ did not perform well enough to atleast be given a chance to play yesterday?
Yes our D did suck , but when we needed 10 points to catch up our D wasn't going to get those points for us were they ? And there still was time to get those points but BC needed to really get going on offense to do that or they would lose .Saying Oh well it's the Defenses fault during a game with plenty of time on the clock still , just doesn't cut it. And this falls back on bad coaching.
pennw
Legend

On BC's last drive Pierce made approximatley 7 short passes . Prior to that last drive then that would make his passing ratio about 19 of 35 , barely over 50% .
DonVitoD
prospect

If everybody was behind Buck nobody would be calling for a QB change
Tighthead
Legend

DonVitoD wrote:If everybody was behind Buck nobody would be calling for a QB change
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
lion24
Legend

Tighthead wrote:
DonVitoD wrote:If everybody was behind Buck nobody would be calling for a QB change
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

:shock: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
pennw
Legend

Thanks for stating the obvious .
ziggy
Legend

Don't you think that maybe some of this is generated by the punishment Buck is taking. I'd like to have him around long term rather than carted off on a backboard. He looked injured yesterday and we have a suitable backup, so why not make the change. If you are truly a fan of his maybe you should look further down the pipe and not worry about him getting pulled in a game where he is struggling.I think he is a good QB but I don't think leaving him in is always in his best interest . I think he is hurt more than he is letting on. He's a courageous guy that maybe needs a coach to tell him enough before he is seriously injured. At the end of the day it's just a game.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

MacNews wrote:My point is rest Buck for the playoffs, start Jackson since he played well last game.

I agree Buck is our starter, but aggravating his injuries one week before the playoffs is not worth it!
That my point as well. If buck is in the same shape next saturday he will be in trouble. Because of his injuries he floated a lot of those deep balls which is why they were mostly overthrown. IMO RGM and stefan logan made bucks stats look a helluva lot better than they should have been. He was not seeing the field well, esp in the second half as he threw into triple coverage thrice in the 4th quarter, luckily only getting picked once on those throws. I think Jarious has a better chance to succeed if buck doesnt heal quick, especially if there is a brisk wind in Regina. Some of bucks floaters went off course simply because they got caught in a slow calgary wind, and because he was forced to float the deep ball because of the ankle. No one is saying (well, no one should) that buck lost us the game. I still maintain that it should have been jarious' game, buck needed the rest, and he needed to NOT take the hits he took yesterday
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E