Chap's offence game plan

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lucky leo
Rookie

Horrible game...offensive game plan sucked...also where is the offensive line on runs...oh ya why have a fifth receiver if your only going to throw to him once in the whole game..logan would be a better choice....i'm sorry to say it but hey wally your team is in complacement mode. no energy....hey jarious take a look in the mirror...you suck...as do the lions o-line....
ziggy
Legend

The D has nothing to be proud of either, Ricky Ray owned our secondary in the second half.
LFITQ
Team Captain

The second half was a complete and utter TEAM meltdown.

Things were going well until halftime where the team decided they had won the game and then actually left the stadium - forgetting about the other 30 minutes.

Offense, defense and special teams all mailed in the 2nd half and it cost us dearly.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:The second half was a complete and utter TEAM meltdown.

Things were going well until halftime where the team decided they had won the game and then actually left the stadium - forgetting about the other 30 minutes.

Offense, defense and special teams all mailed in the 2nd half and it cost us dearly.
I have said many many times that I hate being in the lead at half time. I far prefer being behind - the coaches of the trailing team make half time adjustments and the team comes out of the locker knowing it still has a lot of football to play. I was not happy seeing that 20-10 lead at the half. It gave me an uneasy feeling ... as it usually does, and for good reason.
bclions16
Champion

Class, everybody repeat after me: It's all Chapdelaine's fault.

"It's all Chapdelaine's fault."

Louder!

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bbang
Starter

Hey, Lucky Leo what game were you watching - Jarious didn't suck. If anything he was our best player, crisp passes ( in the first half ), quick reads and some timelly first down runs. You wanna blame someone - blame the defenses shoddy second half tackling and blown coverages. Also gotta credit the eskimo O-line in the 2nd half. One of those games and yah it SUCKS BIG TIME!
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Frustrating night. As was said in the radio broadcast tonight's game is the direct opposite of last week's game against the Als. I think Buono needs to address the issue of the second half meltdown and start making some changes.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

bclions16 wrote:Class, everybody repeat after me: It's all Chapdelaine's fault.

Louder!

Christ. :x

Yeah, cause he's the guy dropping passes, running the wrong pattern, missing tackles, taking penalties.

I read a criticism of this game that there were not enough crossing patterns being called, that we were running the ball too much. The dude simply cannot win. :bang:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Hawkballer 14 wrote:

Louder!

Yeah, cause he's the guy dropping passes, running the wrong pattern, missing tackles, taking penalties.

I read a criticism of this game that there were not enough crossing patterns being called, that we were running the ball too much. The dude simply cannot win. :bang:
Easy Hawk... there is extreme sarcasm in that post.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:Yeah, cause he's the guy dropping passes, running the wrong pattern, missing tackles, taking penalties.

Surely you of all people know that if an offence sputters, the OC is the one who wears it, whether he has the title or not. If the co-OCs from last year were responsible for this offence, then THEY would be feeling the heat.

Sucks, but hey life's tough, wear a helmet. And besides, being thrown under the bus saved Maciocia's job. That has to count for something.

And...the receivers coach should teach the receivers to catch the pigskin, in my opinion. Go ahead and trash me, I'm a ticket buying member of the ignorant public.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:

Louder!

Class, repeat after me:

That's a joke, son! 8)
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
And...the receivers coach should teach the receivers to catch the pigskin, in my opinion.
So it is Chapdelaine's fault after all. :wink:
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Solar Max wrote:
And...the receivers coach should teach the receivers to catch the pigskin, in my opinion.
So it is Chapdelaine's fault after all. :wink:

Nope....it's everyone else's fault except The Chap! :wink: He had a great game plan, great play calling, the running attack inside is not defensible, it's so well schemed, even when opposition defenses know it's coming.

In fact, I'm sure, at the end of the game, the Eskimos wished they had Chapdelaine back instead of Worman. I'm sure they wished that he was coaching their receivers instead of ours, because he sure teaches them how to catch a football. We've lost 3 games already this season, only one short of last season and think about the heat that Kruck and Dorazio took on this site last season, when our Leos team won 14 games.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
bclions16
Champion

Hawkballer 14 wrote:

Louder!

I agree with you. I was being sarcastic. :)
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
lucky leo
Rookie

Ok...you feel jarious played good thats great. but edmonton did not come out flying in the first half...so yes jarious looked good...wont deny that.....but watch the little things and you will see certain things as i did ...know in the second half im sorry Jarious really stunk it up and maybe not all his fault...I do blame the offensive co-ordinater also....Jarious needs to realize he has other receivers on offensive and needs to utilize them more because how many times was paris double team lots.....If your not going to utilize the fifth receiver you might as well put logan in. We will win or lose with Jarious